f o u r

Lesley's P.O.V

"It's all your fault." My mother's familiar voice echoes in my ears.

"I didn't know," Adam explains. I slowly open my eyes but get blinded by the ceiling light.
Where am I?

I manage to open them again and look around this time.

I'm in the hospital.

Adam and my mother are standing by the door and a dozen of flowers are placed upon the counter.

"You shouldn't have left her!" She yells and Adam looks down. "And you should've called me right away," she keeps going. I groan and both eyes dart in my direction.

I try adjusting my position but a siren pain jolts right through my arm toward my neck. I cry out. Adam directly runs in my direction and takes my hand in his. I welcome the familiar warmth and suck a breath in.

"Lis." he says and kisses my hand. "Lis, how are you feeling?"

His eyes are a shade of wild and worried green. I find myself lost within them in seconds. I never thought that I'd be able to get to see him again or even hold him. And yet here I am. It took for me to end up in the hospital for him to come back. If tables were turned, I'm not sure he would have ever came back.

"Lesley. Oh thank God." My mother starts sobbing as she holds my other hand.

"Mom, stop crying." My voice comes out raspy and I clear my throat. She frowns and I close my eyes in return, leaning my head back. I'm tired. Too tired to watch another breakdown of hers.

"Adam, you owe me ten bucks." I open my eyes as Harry walks in, a smile plastered on his face. Megan follows and so does Spencer. I swallow back, remembering Riley. I want to ask all the questions and get my answers but now isn't the right time. The look of Spencer's face send chills through my body and I can tell that nothing good came out of it.

Harry nears my bed and gives me a kiss on my cheek. I smile. He then holds his hand out to Adam who sighs in return. He reaches for his wallet, digs out money, and places them in Harry's hand. I scowl at them, confused.

"What was that for?" I ask. They both look at each other at the same time, smirking. 

"Harry made a bet of when you will wake up. I said after a day, he said after three days," Adam shrugs.

"I thought you were done making bets," I say and his face falls.

I didn't mean it that way.

"Anyways," I try changing the subject. "I've been out for three whole days?" I gasp.

"Good morning!" A blonde, blue-eyed doctor walks in the room and all eyes dart in her way. "How are you feeling today?" She asks me.

"I'm not sure," I honestly reply. She frowns. "Are you in pain?"

"Only when I move," I say.

"That's normal for now. You lost a lot of blood and Adam volunteered to donate blood for that. And the rest of your family and friends never left. You are very lucky." She smiles. I nod.

"I'll send a nurse to check up on you. You might have to stay a few more days under probation. Just to make sure." I smile to her and she makes her way out.

I turn to Adam who is staring at me with so much admiration and love. I feel my cheeks flush. "Wait," I say. "We have the same blood type?"

He grins. "B plus."

I grin back.

Spencer clears his throat, "get a room." I scowl at him. "We are already in one!" Adam chuckles and Spencer flashes me a weak smile. My heart sinks a little because I can see that his eyes turned darker than black.