t h i r t y - e i g h t

Songs for this chapter:

Fifth Harmony- Secret Love Song
The Other- Lauv
***

Adam's P.O.V

"You know she will go mental," Harry warns me. She already turned me mental so it doesn't matter anymore.

"You didn't lie to her. Those events actually occurred." I arch an eyebrow and lean back on the couch.

"We," he highlights, "didn't lie. Just went a little bit overboard."

"I said I'll give you a hundred dollars," I challenge.

He chuckles. "If I knew it would be this important to you, I would've made it two hundred." He stretches exposing his faint pink scar along his leg. We still don't know who set the fire.

"And if that was your price at the beginning, I would've gladly said yes." The bell rings. "Now, excuse me. I have to get my girl back." I stand up and wipe the palms of my hand across my jeans, feeling the familiar curve of the ring. She left me. Handed me the ring on my palm and left. It was minutes later until I finally blinked and realised what happened. She left me dazed, and I won't let her go until I understand.

Before I even get ahold of the handle, she's already inside the apartment, the keys dangling from her hand. A smile spreads on my face, knowing that this still feels like home to her.

"Where is he?" Her eyes are wild. She's refusing to look at me as she frantically searches around and hurries pass me to Harry, who's seated on the right side of the living room. She kneels by him as she grabs his hand. He winces, "ouch."

"Sorry," she shrugs. "Are you alright? Dammit Harry, you got me worried." She sighs and hugs him. He lets her. He meets my eyes as he indirectly asks me what to do. I cut him off with an adamant shake of my head.

"Is she alone at home?" She asks.

"Bob was with her. He told me to go to you; said he will take care of it. Whatever that means."

"And?" She challenges.

"Shit," I curse under my breath and Spencer scowls at me. His eyes turns into slits as he crosses his arms. "What are you up to?"

I arch an eyebrow in return, challenging him.

"But, umm, Lesley?" Harry stutters. "She isn't on drugs. I lied."

She frowns. Dammit. "What do you mean you lied?"

Harry looks at me and she follows his gaze. It clicks in her mind because her eyes turn furious. She charges at me. "You liar!" She hits me on the shoulder with repetitive punches. I stand still, ashamed. It's not until Spencer holds her back that I notice she's crying. She turns to Harry. "Why would you lie?"

"I bet a hundred dollars to make you come here," I blurt out. Her eyes widen and I want to wipe every fucked up choice I made.

She charges again. "You keep lying and lying and lying," she starts yelling. "I mean, once a liar always a liar, eh? What was I expecting? You got me over a bet and you do it again and again." I open my mouth to speak but she interjects me. "Don't you dare say you made mistakes. Those are choices." She's turning mental, just like Harry said. I watch from behind Spencer calling out for Harry as he takes him into another room. Lesley is too busy shouting at me to notice.

"You chose yourself over everything! It's all about Adam Reindl. And what he wants, he shall get, no matter who or what he hurts along the way. You're selfish!" She hits me. "You're a selfish bastard!" They keep coming. "Always hiding and lying. Making excuses for your bullshit choices. Just like your brother!" I grab her hand that was flying toward my face. She looks at me as her chest rises uncontrollably. The redness of her cheek match perfectly with the colour of her swollen lips. "You broke me to fix yourself."