f o u r t y - s e v e n

say you wont let go- james arthur

shape of you- Ed Sheeran
****

He leans forward. "I swear, Adam, I didn't know. I chased after to check up on her because I knew I scard her. She was high that's why in her statement paranoia appeared."

"Stop talking," I order through my teeth. "Whatever you're saying right now is unreal. This doesn't happen in the real life," I yell.

He meets my eyes as a pity smile draws on his face.

"Since when did our lives feel real, brother?"

***
seven hours earlier
***

I trace the inside of my index finger over the words.

Marry me

I sigh already debating if I should cover it by tatting over it a pistol or a rose. Anything is considered to be better than that. It's been over half a year since our last encounter. Two months later, I got the invitation to the wedding. That was probably the worst day of my life. For the first time since my mother passed away, I cried. My palm ached for a sharp sharp razor for it to nibble at my skin, overwhelming the pain. But I was in rehab, and to be honest, I was benfiting- healing. The white carboard card with Kyan & Lesley elegantly writen in gold, changed everything. I trashed everything. The bed was nailed down to the floor but I pulled up and up until my muscles went sore and the bed flew across the room. I could hear the echoes of the nails as they burst out on to the floor.

I'm out today.

The day of her marriage was probably the most beautiful pain I've ever experienced, as she walked down the aisle in her white wedding dress covering her from neck to toe. My heart froze. It felt as if she was walking toward me, with that beautiful ray of sunlight shinning on her, my throat went dry as a tear escaped. She focused her eyes on Kyan the entire time, but I knew- I could tell from the corner of her eyes where her heart wants to head. An eternal conflict- the words I used in a song for her. That was were the problem stood, all my songs are about her.

A knock on the door jolts me as Frida walks in a smile across her face. "Are you ready?" She says with excitment behind her sad eyes. She became one of my only friends in here. She knew everything. Sometimes, I wonder if she knows more than I do. I stand up, opening my arms for a hug. "Come here," I order.

Afterwards, I grab my bags, give a last glance back at the weak person I left in there, and head to the door. I sign some papers, say goodbye to some of the staff members, and get greeted by Barry, Spencer, and Megan.

"You son of a bitch," Barry says as he pats my back. I scowl, "shut the fuck up, dickhead." He bursts into laughter.

I take Megan in for a hug, but her belly is a slight barrier. "Hello to my favourite person," I say.

"Ofcourse, I am." She flips her red hair. A thing she does everytime she recieves a compliment.

"I was talking about the baby, Meg," I pinch her cheek. She frowns and turns to Barry. "Barry, I think I prefered him better when he was in rehab."

I smile and turn to Spencer. Spencer is the only one who knows exactly what I've been through and even then, he never left my side. The amount of grattitude I have toward him is infinite. "I can't believe I actually punched you the first time we met," I joke.