t w e n t y - t w o

Lesley's P.O.V

"You've grown so much!" Ms. Hamilton plants kisses of her red lipstick all over my face as she takes me in for a hug. I try to fake a smile.

I look up as Kyan is shadowing me. He grew. And a lot. The dorky glasses he once had are now gone, and his brown eyes are more of gold. His brown hair is longer, almost my height of hair. I can see from under his white shirt, the ink of tattoos carved on his muscular body.

"Hey," he attempts to smile.

I finally let go from her embrace and kiss mom on the cheek. He gestures to his cheek and I blush. He wants me to kiss him?

But when he rubs it, it clicks. I immediately rub my cheek to find red smear on my the palm of my hand. I sigh. "I'm heading to the toilet. When I'm out, I'll show you around." I tell him.

Minutes later, I emerge without the sign of lipstick on my cheeks. We make our way down and into the my car.

"What would you like to see?" I ask him as I hit the road. "The fake tower of piazza? Reinwer Lake? Telephones Hub?"

He leans back in his seat. "Is this seriously your car?"

I frown. "Yes. It is." I proudly say.

He doesn't say anything, just stares outside the window. "It's making an awful sound." He places his hand on his heart. "Hurts me to hear it."

I sigh. "Leave my car alone, won't you?"

"Why are you so aggressive with me?" He chuckles. I arch an eyebrow. He sighs in return. "Reinwer Lake."

I put the car in a halt as we exit and walk down. The sun is at it's hottest and the lake is crowded. It's known to be one of the biggest lakes in the states. But there's one corner of it that I adore, so I take Kyan to it. We sit on a nearby bench.

"That's it? It's like any other lake." He states.

I inhale deeply. "Look," I turn to face him. "I'm doing you a favor of showing you around. So try to act grateful for it. I'm not asking for much but just act. Okay?"

He smirks. "I do get under your skin. Don't I?"

I shake his last comment and try to break the ice. "So, why did you come to North Hill?"

"It definitely wasn't my idea. My mother wanted to visit yours actually, and I had no another choice than to drive. She can't drive for long because of her back problems."

"So, you got dragged along?" I ask.

He shrugs. "You could say so, cupcake." He turns to face me. "Let's start fresh now. Shall we?"

I reach my hand out. "Hi. I'm cupcake." He raises an eyebrow. I raise one as well. "Cupcake? Really? Couldn't you find something better, Kyan?"

"How about... Èclaire?" He smiles. "It was your favorite desert wasn't it?"

I laugh. "Can't believe you still remember that."

"As a matter of fact, I remember alot of things." He rests his cheek on the palm. "Remember when you used to knock on my window at midnight and ask me to go on an adventure?"

"That did happen quiet often."

He shakes his head. "Only to realize that you're definition of an adventure is eating sweets pass midnight."

I gasp. "We were troublemakers. Weren't we?" I squint my eyes and he chuckles. "Hardly."

We lay back, both enjoying the hot weather and the shade of sun blasting on our skin. Quacks of ducks fill the silence and I shift in my seat, about to fall asleep. "I should've got some bread."