f o u r t y - t w o

"Hard is to rebuild yourself, piece by piece, with no instruction book, and no clue as to where all the important bits are supposed to go." - Unknown
***

Lesley's P.O.V

"You made a tattoo of my name?" She asks with enthusiam. I lean forward and sip at my coke. Walley and Alberto exchange secretive glances. I arch an eyebrow at Walley, already expecting an act of stupidity.

"Ofcourse I did. But it's in my heart for only me to see." He licks his thumb and presses it on his skin, wiping away Dana's name. I watch as her face turns red. I bite down on a laugh.

"I can't help it if you have a common name," Wally shrugs. I roll my eyes at him. "That's a sick joke, Wally," I defend Dana. She furiously stands up, leaving her salad half done, and walks away. I would usually follow and check up on her, but honestly, she's not worth it. None of these people are.

It's been three month. I started fresh, getting my own apartment before crashing at Kyan's for some weeks. He was nice, maybe too nice. And maybe I needed a shoulder to cry on in the cold nights.

He still didn't find me. He didn't call, text or even check up on me. I don't know what I was expecting but atleast to hold up a fight. He usually fights for me, so what's different this time? I told him to find me and it isn't as if I'm hidden. He could simply ask any of my friends, and they would tell him.

"How's Kyan the Lion?" Alberto winks at me. He's been giving me irritation ever since Kyan kissed me. I pushed him away before it went too far, but that was after kissing him back. Speaking of the devil, Kyan slides in the stool beside me. His untucked shirt with the perfect tan in the winter matches his dark eyes. It only makes him irresistible.

"Hey," he genuinely smiles. When I don't reply, he frowns.

"She's still mad at you for shoving your tongue down her throat," Alberto pushes.

"Puta," I curse at him and stand up to leave. I hear Kyan ordering Alberto to apologize to me. I would usually interfere but I don't care anymore. Let them be.

"She called me a bitch," Alberto defends.

"Probably because you are," Kyan states out.

I bite down on a laugh as I step outside letting the cold creep up on me. It's crowded in North Hill. The city almost never sleeps. Drunks line up on the side of the pavement with beers and laughter. And it takes only a minute for Kyan to step beside me.

"Go away," I order him.

"If you think that I'll apologize for kissing you, I won't." He says with such confidence. Prude.

"I wasn't expecting you to," I confirm.

"Because I know you feel a hint of what I'm feeling toward you." He steps closer. Why is he stepping closer? Oh god, I'm in trouble. His face is only inches away and I can feel his warm breath on me. My body erupts with goosebumps. Why is my body erupting with goosebumps?

"Don't you?" He asks. My eyes fall onto his lips, already tasting his tongue. He senses my desire and wastes no time to crash his lips on mine. I let him. It might feel wrong, but it feels good. As if I'm lost and I'm waiting to be found. Find me.

I back away. "Why did you do that, again?" I sound regretful, probably because I am.

"Why do you keep pushing me away?" His eyes are wild. "Let me in!"