t h i r t y

Songs for this chapter:

Better than me- Hinder

Say you love me- Jessie Ware

The scientist- Coldplay

Life After you- Daughtry

Wake me up when September ends- Green Day
***

"I don't understand how I can know so little about love and how it works. How I can be so bad at it when it's all I've ever wanted.
All I've ever known is about leaving or being left." -- Carrie Ryan, The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3)
***

Adam's P.O.V

"What do you think?"

I bite down on my lip as my eyes slowly scan her. The slit on the side shows off her killer legs as the red dress hugs perfectly around every beautiful curve she has. She's wearing the infinity neckless and the diamond ring. Her hair is pulled up into a pony tail, exposing her neck and I already want to turn her on the kitchen counter and lift her dress up, as I slide inside of her, feeling her warmness. I feel my pants getting tighter and her cheeks blush. I gesture for her to twirl and she does.

"I think you're going to cause trouble for me today." I step closer and I hear her suck a sharp breath in. "We still have ten minutes to spare."

She giggles. "It took me hours to fix myself. I'm not letting you ruin it over an erection."

I can't help but laugh.

She sighs. "What's the name of the bride?"

"Trish."

She frowns. "The husband?"

"Quentin."

She looks around but straighten her face. I arch an eyebrow. "What's wrong?"

She sighs, again. "I think I'm going to cause trouble for you today."

"Why?"

"Trish is Kyan's ex. And he'll be at the wedding."

I stroke my hair. "So?"

She leans forward and wraps her hand in mine. "Let's leave."

I let it be for now. Without her noticing, I grab my phone and snap pictures of her. When she notices what I'm doing, she strikes awkward poses. I laugh. She snatches the phone from my hand and leans closer, taking pictures of us. I look at her. I look at the warmest heart.

Half an hour later, we are greeted at the reception with champagne. Lesley entangles her hand in mine as we make our way to the table. But when she spots Kyan, she lets go. My jaw tenses.

"Lesley. Adam." He nods in our direction.

"Kyan." I spit out his name.

"I didn't know you changed your mind," he says to Lesley.

"I didn't. I'm here as Adam's date to his cousin's wedding."

"Quentin?"

"As a matter of fact, it's Trish. You know, your ex-girlfriend that you tried to make my girlfriend, your girlfriend in front of." I gulp down the whole glass.