t w e n t y - f i v e

Songs for this chapter:

Better than me - Hinder
All you ever- Hunter Hayes
***

Lesley's P.O.V

After the beach, we head back home. Adam beat me to the shower so I came in later. We undressed in silence and took turns in the bathroom, both of us drained from energy. I cooked us dinner and I'm at the sink now, washing the dishes.

"Who's Kyan?"

My head instantly jerks back to Adam. I hold a grip on the plate as it threatens to slip. I place it slowly aside and turn around. He's standing behind the counter, messy hair and boxer briefs. My eyes dart to my phone in his hand, where a message appears from Kyan. I gulp back.

He starts reading it out load. "Script is good. Thank you for the save up last time, Èclaire." He slams the phone on the table and I hear a crack. I wince.

"Èclaire?" He says between his teeth and I can sense his anger from the distance. When I don't reply, he pushes. "Who the fuck is Kyan, Lesley?" He starts yelling.

"He's a friend." I clear my throat. "The friend I showed around the other day."

He arches an eyebrow. "Really? And you got nicknames right along?" He chuckles. "What did you call him? Strawberry shortcake?"

I bite down on my tongue. "I didn't give him my number," I defend.

"You didn't have to. He's obviously your boss. He can dig your number up from your resume whenever he feels like it." He steps closer. "Why didn't you tell me about him?"

"I didn't feel like I have to."

He crosses his arms. "If there was nothing going on, you wouldn't have the urge to hide it. Now, wouldn't you?"

"I don't have anything to hide!"

"Really?" He challenges. "What save up is he talking about then?" And guilt weighs on me. I remember him holding my hand as he called me his fake-girlfriend.

"He held my hand." I blurt.

"He did what?" He grins his teeth as his eyes widen.

"He saw an ex of his with her fiancé and he wanted to make her jealous." My breathing is uneven.

"And you let him?" His face turn into disgust.

"I... It's not like that! I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Keep telling yourself that and maybe you'll actually start believing it!" He yells, stomps to the bedroom and slams the door shut behind him. Small sobs escape but I turn around slowly, and continue my dishes.

I'm quiet. It's been fifteen minutes. But I haven't said anything, nor yelled or whispered to myself. Instead, I feel chocked up, as if someone has their hands gripped around my neck. I didn't check my phone. I didn't check anything. I went to the closet, grabbed a blanket and a pillow. And now, I'm just lying on the coach as my legs are crossed.

I hear the door creaks open, but I don't move. Instead, I fake my sleep. His footsteps are a solid sound on the ground as he paces across the room. When I feel him nearing me, I shut my eyes tighter. His hand traces my cheek and I stiffen. He bends closer, placing his forehead on mine.

"I know you're not asleep." He says. I peak an eye and he's staring at me with those mesmerizing green eyes. "Come on." He reaches out his hand. "Sleep in your bed."

I turn to my other side, facing away from him and cover myself tighter. "Go away," I whisper. My voice comes out weak, even broken.

I hear him inhale. "I'm sorry I overreacted. But you should've told me right away when it happened." I can sense him struggling to keep his anger dimmed.