f o u r t y - t h r e e

Songs for this chapter:

Run- Snow Patrol

Skinny love- Bon Jovi

Somewhere only we know -Keane

Lay me down- Sam smith

***

Adam's P.O.V

I find myself singing with the lyrics on the radio.

Yes I do, I believe
That one day I will be, where I was
Right there, right next to you
And it's hard, the days just seem so dark
The moon, and the stars, are nothing without you
Your touch, your skin, where do I begin?
No words can explain, the way I'm missing you
The night, this emptiness, this hole that I'm inside
These tears, they tell their own story
You told me not to cry when you were gone
But the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong

Can I lay by your side, next to you, you
And make sure you're alright
I'll take care of you
And I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight

I slam the power off as my hands start aching for something else to break. Why the fuck was I singing this song? As I hate to admit it, but I meant every word.

She left me. She fucking left me. Again. I thought this was it, she got what she wanted with the verdict. She could finally sleep peacefully at night without the nightmares haunting her. I just wanted her to be happy. I guess that's what I get for trying.

"You're gonna burn the engine if you keep your hands on the brakes and speed at the same time," I tell Lucian as we stand in the driveway of his house. He pulls his tongue out at me as he keeps doing what I specifically told him not to do a second ago. Smoke erupts from the back side as the wheels scratch on the concrete leaving trails of black. I wipe my nose, irritated by the burning smell.

I wince. "I would take care of your baby much better than you can," I challenge.

"Nah," he cuts me off as he climbs out of his motorcycle. "This is my baby. Get your own."

"He can get yours," Jeremy says as he joins us. He sips at his orange juice. "Bet on it."

I smirk. Jeremy smirks. Lucian smirks.

"What do I get in return? I don't want your damn JEEP." He gestures to it as I follow his trail. It's the first car I got from my first paycheck. I've spent so much time and effort to fix it up, and it rolls smoothly. I place my hand on my heart as if I'm hurt. "You just insulted my baby."

"Stop with this baby nonsense of objects. Get a real fucking baby," Jeremy says. The sun is setting down leaving a mix of orange and yellow as a background. Lucian leans on his motorcycle, his helmet in his hand.

"Get a real fucking baby," Lucian repeats with a smug.

"I can get any girl you want," I challenge.

"No," Jeremy cuts me off as if already reading Lucian's thoughts. "She's not any girl."

"That girl has some serious issues. She might be hot but damn if she isn't stubborn as hell. I can't recall any dude getting her on top," Lucian continues.