f o r t y - f i v e

Songs for this chapter:

The script- for the first time

Stereo kicks - love me so
***

Adam's P.O.V

"Would it be rude if I bought you a drink?" She slides in the stool beside me. My back is slouched as I drink my whiskey. I follow her long lean legs to the tight red dress she's wearing. Whoever she is, she walked in at the right time.

"I think it would be rude if I didn't buy you one," I say to her. She giggles. It's irritating. The only laugh that falls perfectly tuned to my eardrum is Lesley's. "Should we fuck in the toilet or at your place?"

Her jaw literally drops. I smirk, entertained. What did she expect? She leans closer, as she whispers in my ear. "In the bathroom." She takes me off guard. I chug the last of my whiskey, allowing the bitterness of it to burn back in my throat. "Lead the way."

I follow her sassy ass as it sways, her long blonde hair moving in the same motion. I'm already disgusted before doing anything. Disgusted with myself, not her. As that is clarified, I turn her over the sink after locking the toilet's door, lift her dress up her ass, and slide her panties to the side. I don't even want to touch her, but I'm already hard. She passes me the foil and I wrap it around my length.

Without warning, I thrust myself inside of her. She instantly moans which causes me to shake my head in order to get her voice out of my head. What the fuck are you doing, Adam? The feeling is overwhelming as I thrust again and again, leaving her legs shaking. I close my eyes and imagine as if she was Lesley. How her hair would go all messy and her cheeks turn red. Her skin glowing, shinning with ultimate beauty. "Fuck," I curse as I'm on the edge. I come and she does too almost at the same time. I walk away from her, recovering, tossing the condom in the trash and pulling my pants up. She stands up, adjusts her hair and dress. "Thanks for the ride, gorgeous," she winks at me before walking out.

I immediately turn the sink on and wash my face repeatedly. My stomach turns on me and I run to the toilet seat, emptying out all my lunch.

"What am I doing with my life?" I say to the void. I slam the toilet stall. Hard. I groan in return, my wounds breaking from the heavy beating of Kyan earlier this morning. I yell slamming it again and again and again until tears wet my cheeks. "This is what you've done to me Lis," I whisper. "I give up!" I yell. Before this goes on any further, I get up and slide to the bar stool. "Double whiskey on rocks. Keep them coming."

***

I have no idea where I am. When my eyes peeled open, all I could see were mounds of unfamiliar comforters. I pull the green blanket away from my body to reveal my boxer briefs. I stand up fast, rubbing my eyes as my head beats heavily. My eyes wander around the apartment, to the luxurious white furniture and fur rugs. I follow the hallway on the side of the apartment, feeling revealed as I spot the bathroom. My word almost stops as I realize it's a girls bathroom. What the fuck did I do last night? I pull at my hair but only to realize that my knuckles are all wrapped up with white sheets as a stain of blood peaks at them. I run to the sink, washing my face rapidly and getting the sheets wet in return. I curse under my breath.

When I head out back to the sofa I was sleeping on, I find her sitting on it, her legs crossed as she types into her phone. "Good morning, gorgeous," she winks at me.

"Where are my clothes?" My voice comes out rusty so I clear my throat in return.

"Dry cleaning. They had vomit and blood stains everywhere."

I frown. "Thank you?"

She giggles as she stands up walking toward me. Her finger touches my chest as it slides down my stomach. I grab her wrist, stopping her mid-way. "I can predict what happened last night. I appreciate you taking me in but what happened, won't happen again."

She arches her eyebrows as she licks her lips. "Why? You were my fastest come."

"Add that to your collection. But for now, I need my clothes," I demand.

"My husband won't mind if you grab something from his closet. Right across the hall," she gestures.

I'm a man slut. I practically run to the bedroom, ignoring the kingsize red bed and oversized closet. I grab a grey sweater and a pair of black pants. To my luck, they fit perfectly. When I walk out, she's not there anymore.

"Where are you? I need my wallet, phone, and keys," I call out for her. She doesn't reply. I round the kitchen which to my expectation is as big and luxurious as the rest of the apartment. It's a not even an apartment; it's a loft as the windows over show the height of the floor, looking down on the crowded city.

"I really don't feel like playing games," I sigh as I spot her laying naked on the kitchen counter. I turn away. "Good," she calls. "Then this should be fast. Who's Lesley?"

She takes me off guard. "Why the fuck should I tell you?"

She smirks. "You fucked me again last night calling out on her name."

I run my hands through my hair, as my hungover starts to kick in. "How many times?"

She makes a face. "As I recall, maybe four times."

"Jesus christ." I pound at my head. I fucked up. Bad. I feel panic thriving its way up. "Did I wear protection?" My breathing ramps up as she smiles provocatively. When she doesn't reply, my voice raises up. "Did I fucking wear protection?"

"No, you didn't, gorgeous." She slides off the kitchen counter and wraps her silk red coat around her. My heart is beating so fast out of my chest. I might pass out.

"I'm on pills. Don't worry," she whispers in my ear. "Your items are laying on the entrance table. See you soon, Adam." She walks away as I start to catch my breath again. I gather my shit together and sprint out, finding my way back to the local bar around the corner and head back to North Hill.

I have no business here anymore.

Three hours later, I pull up the car to the side of the grass, squeezing it between two oak trees. There's no special occasion today, but I knew I had to come here. I needed her presence.

My shoes squishes the grass after every step until I stand tall, looking down at her.

Ivy Farell Reindl
a beloved wife, mother and friend
1966-2004

I fall onto my knees, to weak to pull myself together. It's been a while since I last visited. I was with Lucian. He insisted on purchasing a bouquet of flowers and when we got here, I understood why. He visited often as he replaced the previous rotten one. Adding all the visits up, I can count around ten only.

I keep staring at the gravestone, unsure what I'm skeptically scrutinizing. "I went out there, Mom. I never understood why you left us." My jaw tenses as my leg abruptly shakes. "We were happy. Dad was happy. He had his second stroke this year. I don't know how much longer he will last. I don't understand how he could make it this long without you because Mom, I can't bare staying away from her." My cheeks are getting wet so I wipe them as I sniff. "Her middle name is the same of yours," I smile, remembering the day when she told me in the car. It's when she finally started to let me in, while I was dazed, unsure what to call the tingling feeling in my stomach. "She changed my life. She brought out the good in me but I brought out the bad in her. I destroyed her. And she destroyed me.

Everything I touch, breaks. That's why I never came by often, I was afraid." A slight breeze elopes the trees causing there shades to shift. "I wasn't there for my brother when he needed me the most, but in return, I wanted him to suffer for all the pain he caused her. Although, she ran away from him all these years, I was the one who pushed her to confess. This isn't the life I asked for. And now, I lost three people that I love. I can't bare it anymore." My gaze wanders around the cemetery deducing it's empty. The sun is setting leaving a melted crayon shade of orange and purple. I inhale as I close my eyes.

"I forgive you," I whisper.