The car ride

I had my earphones in my ears and finally started drifting off to sleep. Chelsea fell asleep, but when her force field started to flicker she jolted awake. I told her to relax but she resisted. Ana was snoozing.

I was just about to sleep when Ana started yelling, "Mooooom! I gotta go pee."

My mom said "hold it for a while honey until we get at least three cities away from home."

Ana pleaded, "Mooooom please! Chelsea and aqua are boring can we at least stop to trade them for Sam and Ed? Pleaseeeeeee!"

My dad started, "no Ana I don't want Chelsea and aqua alone in the-"

My mom stopped him probably not wanting to hear more from ana and said, "okay honey. Aqua can you go tell Alex to tell Percy's dad about this."

I mentally cheered Yesssssss! I get to go on this car ride with percy. I glanced at Chelsea and saw a smile coming on her lips. I guess she's happy to be with Justin.

I sent Alex the message.

Sea said 'ooooh aqua and percy sitting in a car ride k-I-"

Alex yelled 'shut up! Percy's dad says it's fine but if we can stop right now"

I told her 'ya were stopping'

My dad stopped the car and Ed and Sam came out.

Chelsea and I got out and my mom yelled 'make good choices."

I yelled back, "Percy's dad is in the car. Geez don't worry."

I got in the car smirking when I saw Percy's sleeping figure who was cuddling with the supe panda stuffed animal.

I sat in the seat in the empty seat next to percy but sadly was also next to Peter.

We were in the back.

The row in front of us had two seats and Justin was sitting in one so Chelsea sat in the other one. The only thing seperating them was a gap leading on to the third row where we sat. I could tell Justin wanted that gap to disappear.

Peter was just about to start a conversation when I "accidentally" elbowed percy in the ribcage.

He groaned and started saying "Ed I'm going to freaking kill you." Than he opened his eyes and said ''since when did you have good legs? Wait-"

Peter cut in ''glad you woke up sleeping beauty."

Percy than said ''Aqua? Sweet! Why'd you elbow me?" He than saw Peter sitting next to me and said "you know what I don't care."

He than was about to kiss me when Percy's dad threw a water bottle at percy and said "sorry mister I'm the grown up here and that ain't gonna happen."

Percy mumbled "can't blame a guy for trying."

I smirked.

Peter than spoke up "so how long have you been a mermaid." He said that at the same time percy said "wanna play with our powers?"

I told Peter "3 months. Do you wanna play with percy and me?"

Percy glared at me, but Peter gave me a smile. It made my heart flutter because it wasn't like the smile he gave to cheerleaders this one seemed real. I ignored the feeling which was quickly replaced by guilt. I mentally said to myself I just had way too much sugar and its probably because I'm scared.

Percy started saying "I don't think you can play Peter because you know all you can do is deflect things."

Peter countered, "and you can be invisible. You can't deflect anything nor send a blow back."