Chapter 3

Clarke's POV

After I tell my people Lexa's idea, I set the voting to be tomorrow. I know some might change their minds or feel better about their decisions if they have a night to think about it.

We inform them about our plan to travel.

We're stepping down and off of the platform when Octavia and Raven come over.

"We're going too." Raven says.

"I figured you two would like to. Octavia, you may take Lincoln as well."

Indra strides over. "Heda, I would like to travel with you and make sure these to do not make trouble. I will not go, I apologize. My people need my attention."

Lexa nods, "Of course. Travel safely, Indra and may the gods honor you for all you have done."

Lexa and Indra grasp each other's forearms for a moment before letting go.

"Thank you, Heda. May the gods keep you safe on your travels. I am prepared to leave now." Indra bows and ruffles Octavia's hair as she walks past. She heads to her black horse and gets on. It rears up on its hind legs and gallops away.

Octavia scowls, fixing her hair but I can see the softness in her eyes as she watches her mentor ride away.

"She will come if we need her." Lexa says.

"Hey, Lexa. Look." I point to where her parents are talking with my mom.

Her parents are listening respectfully, but there's a certain tightness to their expressions.

Lexa squeezes my hand and I know she's worried. I squeeze back and we head over there.

"Hey, mom. I see you've met Lexa's parents."

"Yes I have. It was lovely to meet you." Mom's words seem forced.

"It was lovely for us to meet you as well. I hope you reconsider what you spoke about." Lexa's mom smiles.

She and Lexa's dad walk away.

"Mom, what did you do?"

"I didn't do anything."

"Mom." I give her a hard look.

"Ooh, the Griffin Glare. What'd you do, Abby?" Raven asks as she butts into our conversation.

"Nothing!" With both Raven and I's disbelieving eyes on her, she relents. "I might have mentioned that I don't trust the Commander. Or her people."

"Mom, we've talked about this. Multiple times."

"I know! But do you really want to date the girl that betrayed you? That betrayed us?"

"Oh, you mean the woman that came back to help, even though it wasn't in her people's best interest? The woman who saved me from the Mountain Men when I was taken hostage? The woman who's been nothing but kind to me? That woman?"

Mom huffs and avoids looking at me and Lexa.

"Chancellor." Lexa says, the surprise of her suddenly speaking up making my mother look up. "I do understand that you neither like or trust me, but please do not extend that hostility towards Clarke or my people. Clarke does love you, and losing both her mother and her father is too cruel a fate for anyone. I know you may never accept me or this relationship, but I ask of you to respect it. As long as Clarke wants me, I will be by her side."

Aww I love this side of Lexa. Also, Wick's gone. They fired him from the 100 so Raven is free from his clutches! So he's not here anymore. No explanation (maybe later, maybe not. I don't know yet), just like the show. Perhaps he fell of the horse and into mud and Raven laughed so hard she left him behind or something. Or he vanished mysteriously. No one knows... Anyway! Thanks for reading and stay awesome!