Chapter 149

Clarke's POV

That's how Raven and Octavia find us who-knows-how-long later, kissing in front of a cooking spit in the kitchen.

"Clarke, Lexa." Octavia says.

The surprise of hearing her voice makes us pull apart. We look over at them, where Raven's leaning against Octavia and both of them seem amused by this situation.

"So what smells so good?" Raven prompts eagerly.

"Soup," Lexa answers.

"Really? The fires off; it must be done. So where's Lincoln?" Octavia questions, frowning and looking around.

"We made it." I say and Octavia and Raven stare at us in shock.

"Clarke whatever your middle name is Griffin!" Raven gasps out dramatically, pressing one hand to her heart. She takes a step towards us and looks at me inquiringly. "You can cook?" She sniffs. "It doesn't smell like you burned anything."

I huff, knowing everyone can see the hint of a smile playing at my lips. "Yes, I can cook. Not well enough to make this on my own, it was mainly Lexa who made it as good as it is."

"You've already tasted it?" Octavia asks, her eyes flicking between looking at Lexa and I and the pot behind us. "No fair."

"We're the chefs, of course we got to taste it first." I say. I look over to Lexa, who seems amused by this whole interaction. "I don't know, babe. They've been pretty rude. Do you think we should share our masterfully crafted creation with them?"

Lexa hums, thoughtfully rubbing her chin. "Hmm... I don't know."

"Sharing is caring." Raven reminds me, elbowing her girlfriend with a proud sparkle in her eyes.

"What do you think Lex?"

"I think we shouldn't deprive them of our soup." Lexa says after a pause.

Raven's face lights up and she throws a fist in the air excitedly. "Yes!"

"Nerd," Octavia says tenderly.

"I'm your nerd." Raven points out, beaming at her girlfriend.

"Yes you are." Octavia murmurs, leaning in and kissing Raven's nose.

"And they say we're sickeningly cute." I fake-whisper to Lexa, knowing I'm speaking loud enough for Octavia and Raven to hear.

Raven maturely sticks out her tongue at us. "So come on! Please, I want the soup. It smells heavenly."

I share a knowing look with Lexa and then we spring into motion.

"Go sit down, we'll bring everything over to you." I shoo them away, rolling my eyes fondly as they yell their thanks over their shoulders. 

Lexa has started a small fire again, which I quickly thank her for before getting to work. I go over to the cooking spit and run the wooden spoon through the filmy top layer to break it up. I start stirring as Lexa looks through the cupboards for bowls that are big enough. She grabs out for but hesitates and I immediately know why.

"Octavia!" I call.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know if the guards have eaten dinner yet?"

"No, I don't. Do you want me to ask them?" Octavia questions.

"Yes please. Thank you!"

"No problem." Octavia says as I hear her get up.

"Dilemma solved," I declare.

"You are amazing." Lexa murmurs, coming up behind me and wrapping her arms around my waste. "And you know me so well."

"I'm your incredible girlfriend, of course I do." I say, grinning when she presses a kiss to my exposed shoulder.

"That you are," Lexa agrees, kissing my cheek. She steps over so she's next to me.

"They haven't eaten yet, lovebirds." Octavia says as she pops her head into the kitchen.

"Alright. Did you let them know that we made soup?" I question.

"No, I let them know you guys made some delicious smelling soup. I was more descriptive. Anyway, they'll be out in a moment."

"Thank you," I say.

"You're welcome. Now I'm going back to cuddle with my girlfriend while you guys get everything ready."

I being the wooden spoon up to Lexa's lips once Octavia's gone. "Is it still good or does it need more spice?"

Lexa takes a sip and mulls it over for a quick moment. "It needs to be warmed up a bit more, but other than that it is good."

"Alright. Since you can tell when it's good, you stay here and test it every so often. I'll get out the bowls, spoons, and the cactus juice."

"Okay. And Clarke?" Lexa says before I can turn away. "There is not enough bottles of cactus juice for everyone. I would suggest pouring it into some glasses."

"Smart. Alright, I'll do that. Thanks, babe." I kiss Lexa's cheek before moving away.

I take out three more bowls for the guards and pull out seven glasses. I go through the cupboards, internally groaning because I forgot where I saw the spoons. It takes me a bit to find them.

I pull the bottles of cactus juice out of the cooling unit fridge-like thing. I attempt to pour it as even as I can and am actually pretty happy with the result I get. I place them at the dinner table after setting down place mats.

Octavia and Raven are too busy cuddling to realize what I'm doing, which I consider lucky. If they knew, Raven might be gulping down the cactus juice right now. The guards emerge from their rooms.

"Would you like any help, Clarke?" Nix asks. "We could finish setting the table."

"That would be great, thank you." I smile at them. "I have some spoons out already and I don't know where the napkins are."

"We will find them." Lincoln says.

I nod and head back to the kitchen. I grab the ladle I found while looking for the spoons and head over to Lexa.

"Mochof (thank you). Using a ladle is much easier than using a spoon." Lexa says, giving me a quick kiss in thanks.

"Pro (you're welcome). Here, I can hold the bowl while you scoop the soup in."

We move easily together and end up scooping every last drop of soup into the bowls. The guards assist us in bringing everything in to where Octavia and Raven are eagerly waiting at the table. Surprisingly, they haven't yet started drinking the cactus juice.

Okay, I'm debating on whether or not to just end this book next chapter, have this book be an even 150 chapters... We'll still go to the main Sankru city and everything, it would just be in the next book... I'll let you know what I decide next chapter! :) And now that I think about it, it's pretty funny that they're in Sankru considering I'm in Arizona on Spring Break! Anyways, thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!