Chapter 18

Lexa's POV

I am reeling over the new information the courier brought us.

"We may need to shorten our trip." I tell Clarke regretfully.

I have been looking forward to visiting the clans again. I have not been able to do so for years. Keeping up the Coalition, fighting the Maunon (Mountain Men), and making sure the Ice Nation stayed in line took up all of my time.

"Because of a new Night Blood?" Octavia asks.

I nod. "I like to watch over the Night Bloods' training, and I have not been back to Polis in a while. And this is not just a Night Blood, this is a potential Commander that may have been brainwashed by Nia. I must make certain that she will not be a danger to the Coalition and the other potentials. I have a trusted Night Blood that has excelled in his training that can watch her while I am gone, but I would prefer not to be away for too much longer." I turn to Clarke. "As long as that is okay with you, Clarke. We will still be able to spend a few days in each clan and get them to accept your people."

"It's fine." I do not entirely believe Clarke, and search her eyes for disappointment. I am met with only kind understanding. "I promise, Lexa. We're pretty lovable, so we should be able to charm the clans in a few days. I'm excited to see Polis." She smiles and I know that she is speaking the truth. I know Clarke would rather spend more time at each clan, but as a fellow leader and frankly, someone that understands me better than anyone, she gets my worried. "You speak so highly of it that I'm not sure the real thing will live up to your words."

I relax even more at the playful teasing. "Polis is the Commander's city, Clarke, and the capital of the 12 clans. It will exceed your expectations."

"Heda?" The courier questions hesitantly. "Would you want me to get some other couriers and relay the message of your shortened trip?"

"Mochof, but no. I will inform the leaders at the summit. You are dismissed. Enjoy the food and celebration."

"Pro," he whispers before bowing and rushing off.

"I keep forgetting that she's nice." Octavia sighs.

"Who?" Raven asks, wrapping her arms around Octavia's waist.

Raven still has her in her lap. Is this another Skai Kru thing?

"The Commander. The way her warriors speak about her, you'd think she's a goddess with no feelings and can kill a man with nothing but a toothpick."

I can guess what a toothpick is. "A toothpick is similar to small stick?" When Clarke nods, I feel myself smirk. "In that case, I have."

"Crap. How?" Raven seems fascinated.

I do not know whether to be concerned or impressed by how interested she seems in anything involving death and destruction.

"I was Anya's Second then and there was a man that always looked at the kids wrong. When he tried to reach for me, I stabbed the nearest stick into his pelvis. When he fell to his knees, I stabbed it in his eye."

Octavia whistles. "Whoa. How old were you?"

"I believe I had just turned seven."

"Man, Griffin. You have a keeper. Not only does she have an amazing body and gives you heart eyes constantly, but she could definitely kick anyone's ass. Speaking of butts, particularly the Commander's and Clarke's..." Raven trails off, letting out a breath. "Right, O?"

"I wholeheartedly agree."

They laugh as Clarke groans.

Thanks to the (almost) unanimous vote, there will be Octaven! Lincoln isn't just going to fade away, I'll keep him around! Maybe. I don't really know. I'm kind of writing this story like I go through life. I'm making it up as I go. But thank you for your feedback, your comments make my day! Thanks for reading and stay awesome!