Chapter 46

Lexa's POV

"Let's eat before the food gets too cold." Clarke says, a small smirk on her face as she watches Raven and Octavia sit next to each other, both of them still blushing.

I hold the chair out for Clarke and push her in after she sits.

"Wow Clarke, you landed yourself a real gentlewoman." Raven teases, breaking her silence.

"Yes I did." Clarke agrees, looking at me with a fond expression as I sit beside her.

I watch in amusement as the sky girls stop bickering and begin devouring their meal. I eat slower, savor in the delectable taste of freshly cooked meat, knowing this is something we will have to do for ourselves as we travel. I will have to make certain we have enough herbs, or can find enough on the way.

"Clarke, your girl looks like she finds something about us funny." Raven says, her mouth full of unchewed food.

I wrinkle my nose in distaste at the sight.

"That's because she's eating properly while we wolf down everything." Clarke responds.

"And to think your people thought mine were the savage ones when we first met." I joke.

"How wrong we were, clearly we are when Raven's the one talking with her mouth open like a beast." Octavia says, not quite able to hide the fact she too is talking with food in her mouth.

"You hypocrite!" Raven bats at Octavia's arm, while Octavia tries not to choke while laughing. "You're doing it too!"

"So what? The food's good, and the company's too good to not talk to." Octavia protests.

"You two are children." Clarke says, flinging a small piece of fat I had cut off the meat at Raven and Octavia.

It hits Raven square in the forehead with a wet slap. Octavia bends over the table, clutching her sides as she cackles like a madwoman. I cannot resist letting out a laugh of my own. Raven's scandalized expression and the fat slowly sliding down her head makes for a hilarious bit of entertainment.

"We're the children, Clarke?" Raven grumbles, wiping off the fat.

Once Octavia stops wheezing in laughter enough to move, she wipes off the excess grease still on Raven's forehead using the napkins.

"Yes, you and Octavia act like children." Clarke manages to get out between snickers.

There is such a youthful, happy expression on her face, it makes me fall a little harder for her.

"You're just jealous that you can't have fun, you grandma." Raven retorts, smirking playfully.

I guess the fat flinging incident is not something she is angry about. Either that, or she is planning her revenge.

"I can too have fun! And Reyes, you're older than me!"

"We'll just have to agree to disagree, little Griffin. And my being older than you just means I'm young for my age."

"What does that even mean?" Clarke murmurs under her breath before talking louder. "This argument will be settled by the dance contest tomorrow night. The winner of that is the winner of this argument."

"What's the prize?" Raven asks, a gleam in her eyes.

"Having the losers live with their defeat? I don't know." Clarke huffs. "I think you have something in mind, and I'm not going to like it."

"Winning team gets to ask the losers one question that HAS to be answered honestly, no matter how embarrassing."

"I don't even want to know what you want to ask us." Clarke sighs.

"So. Deal or no?" Octavia questions.

Clarke turns to look into my eyes, searching for any indication I am not okay with the terms. Despite Octavia an Raven being unpredictable, I have come to respect and trust them. They must never know this, of course. I would never hear the end of it. I nod to Clarke.

"Deal." Clarke says.

Raven looks too pleased for me to not be worried, but there is no going back on our word now.

"Octavia, we're going back to our room to plan and rest up before we pulverize clexa at dancing." Raven says, standing after she and Octavia finish their food.

"If we're clexa, what does that make you two?" Clarke asks.

"Awesome." Raven says, barely a moment after she hears the question. "Besides, we aren't dating."

"Sure, live in denial." Clarke teases. "What do you think, Lexa? Should we be calling them Ravia?"

"Don't encourage her, Lexa." Raven warns, "Remember that I'm an expert at making thing go boom."

"Remember that I'm the one you share your bed with." Clarke shoots back, making my eyes widen. Surely she would not kick me out of bed for something as trivial as this... "Try me, babe."

With the glint in Clarke's eyes, I know she will not actually kick me out. This is just one of the lighthearted arguments Clarke has told me Sky People have. Raven once called it a "mine is bigger than yours" contest, though I am uncertain as to what that means.

"Octaven." I provide.

Clarke nods approvingly and Raven looks almost impressed at my choice.

"That's... actually not bad. Now bye bitches, see you tomorrow when we kick your butts." Octavia calls over her shoulder as she drags Raven behind her out the door.

It closes quietly, as one of the guards catches it before it slams and lets it fall gently back into place.

"Well, that was entertaining." I murmur as I begin stacking the empty plates for a guard to pick up later.

"It certainly was. Do you think we'll win tomorrow?"

"Perhaps. Though both Octavia and Raven seem determined, and the combination of them might not be something we can win against. Have you seen either of them dance?"

Clarke ponders for a moment before replying. "Only when they're drunk, and I'm certain they're much better sober. They have to be, otherwise they wouldn't be so confident."

Well... I did not intend for this to be so fluffy, but oh well :) Thank you for your amazing comments and stay awesome!