Chapter 25

Lexa's POV

Raven, Clarke and I sit in relative silence while Octavia is gone. Raven shifts in her seat often, glancing over her shoulder worriedly while Clarke and I finish our food. She returns about twenty minutes later, looking calm and relieved. She does seem to be surprised when she sees that we are all still waiting for her to return.

"Hey." Octavia says, settling in next to Raven again.

"How'd it go?" Raven asks, taking Octavia's hand.

Clarke and I both notice, but we know not to say anything. If we do, they might get scared of whatever is going on between them and pine after each other from a distance until the day they die or until one gets over the other. It may seem dramatic, but I have seen such a thing happen before.

Octavia lets out a breath, "Better than I thought. Why did I think he would be anything other than sweet and amazing about it?"

"You were worried you'd break his heart, O." Clarke reminds her. "And I'm assuming he took it well?"

Octavia nods. "He took it amazingly well. Lincoln said that he feels the same way, but not in the I don't want to break your heart by letting you know you're breaking my heart way. And you were right, Lexa. When I asked him, he said that he's still going."

"I am glad. There will be two more guards traveling with us, and Lincoln fights well."

When we sit in a more comfortable silence as Octavia and Raven exchange looks, Clarke taps my hand to get my attention. "I'm going to head to the medical tent and get what we'll need for traveling."

"Would you like me to accompany you?"

"No, I'll be fine. Thank you." Clarke stands and I do as well. "I'll meet you at our room before dinner?"

I give her the smile I know she loves, reveling in how she asks and does not demand. It is such a refreshing change from being captive and when the representatives for the clans demand things from me.

"Of course."

Clarke grins and kisses my cheek. "See you later, babe!" She says as she rushes off.

Judging by Octavia and Raven's laughter, they have noticed that my cheeks have flushed.

"Babe?" I murmur. From how Clarke used it, it is probably not a bad thing but I do not know what it means.

"Oh that was precious." Raven wheezes. "The great Commander blushing when her girlfriend kisses her cheek."

"And she doesn't know what babe means." Octavia points out. "Don't worry, Heda. It's like a cute nickname that someone gives their significant other."

I take in her words and accept them. I trust Octavia to tell me the truth on such matters. Raven, on the other hand might try to convince me otherwise. I have a feeling that if she thought she could, she would attempt to convince me that hi and bye are the same thing. Or that the color orange doesn't exist.

Next chapter is going to be a little jump, just a few days though. Thank you amazing humans for reading and stay awesome!