Chapter 79

Clarke's POV

When we get to the market, Lexa leaves me with Octavia and Raven so she can get things. She told me before she left that she's getting supplies for our trip. I don't mind, but it's kind of annoying to be around them while they can't stop making out. I'm glad when Lincoln comes over, smiling at me.

"Hey Lincoln." I talk loudly so Octavia and Raven will hear.

"Hello Clarke. Nix and Ryder are back from the Noukru camp, they want to talk to you and Lexa." Lincoln says.

I immediately perk up, worried. I hear a distinct lack of kissing, so they must be worried too.

"Has something happened? Are they okay?" I ask.

"Oh sha (yes), they are fine. They just want to tell you about whatever happened over there. Where is Heda?" Lincoln questions, frowning at a spot by my side that Lexa usually occupies.

"She's somewhere in the market." I answer.

"I will go find her. You three should head back to the castle to wait for Heda and I to return." Lincoln flashes us a large grin before walking toward the market. People automatically part for him, making way for his large self.

"But I wanted to get straps." Raven complains as we begin heading inside.

"You guys seemed like you were busy with the whole not looking around the market thing." I say sarcastically.

"Harsh, Griffin. Weren't you the one busy banging your girlfriend last night and this morning?" Raven retorts.

"Yes, but you two did the same thing. But louder and longer." I point out.

"We have better stamina." Octavia remarks, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"Sure you do." I say, knowing that's probably not true.

We walk in silence for a bit before Raven sighs. "I was really looking forward to getting those straps."

"Babe, we can still use it without straps." Octavia says gently.

Raven's face lights up. "You're brilliant!"

She tries to drag Octavia presumably toward her workshop but I stop her with a smack on the wrist, making her whine like a scolded child.

"Oh no you don't. Raven, Octavia, you're coming with me to listen to Nix and Ryder. You're just going to make them tell you anyways."

They continue to grumble, but I don't have to drag them towards our rooms anymore. I know they'd rather have their fun in the "boom room." And I have to admit, it's actually a pretty cool name. I would never tell them that, their egos are big enough. And speaking of their 'fun...' I'm not going to get any sleep tonight, am I? They're going to keep Lexa and I up.

We get to the living room and sit together on a couch. Nix and Ryder must be in their rooms, so we wait. Octavia and Raven pass the time by throwing little pieces of lint at each other and giggling. It's like that for about twenty minutes until Lincoln and then Lexa strides in, a bag over her shoulder. Despite the floral print on it, she still walks in like she owns the room. Which, as the Commander of the Thirteen Clans, is pretty accurate.

"Clarke. Where are Nix and Ryder?" Lexa asks.

"I think they're in their rooms."

Not anymore. They come out of their rooms soon after Lexa talks. I think they heard her voice.

"Ryder, Nix." Lexa says as she sits next to me. "What happened?"

"It went very well," Ryder says. "Especially compared to how it could have gone."

"We talked to nearly everyone in that camp. There will be a new school made, and it will be better. There were many orphans, so I have talked Menelaus into helping them build an orphanage or a building for them to live in. They will be taken care of. Everyone, including kids, were given the choice to stay or go. Most chose to stay and make it a better place to live." Nix says.

"As expected, there were some complications and attempts at rebellion." Ryder starts talking when Nix stops. "There were no less than seven attempts to kill Nix and I, and one more attempt where twenty warriors tried to take back the camp. I am unsure where they came from, some were not from the village."

"They may have gotten reinforcements from another camp. Or had some fighters hidden away." Lexa suggests. "Did you find a suitable leader?"

Nix nods. "Sha, it was quite easy. She arose quickly and showed how good of a leader she was. She is loyal to you and to Menelaus. She will be coming here after we leave to try to talk to Menelaus. She wants to build a better road from their camp to the capital."

Lexa relaxes. "You have done well. I suggest you rest because if you two are not too exhausted, I would like to leave tomorrow."

Ryder and Nix bow their heads to Lexa and say "Sha Heda" before going back to their rooms.

Octavia and Raven leave pretty quickly after that, giving some really bad excuse and practically running out. I'm glad they're not going to do it in their room (though I'm sure they will later, they can't seem to keep their hands off of each other lately). It's weird enough hearing their sex moans and screams at night, I don't think I could look either of them in the eyes again if I heard them during the day.

Lincoln starts cooking lunch. Over the course of this trip, I've learned that he's really good at it so he mainly does the cooking. Octavia can't cook well at all, and Raven burns things (I think sometimes she does it on purpose but I can't prove it). Lexa's a really good cook, mine is passable as long as I don't try to make anything to complicated. Nix and Ryder prefer guard duty to cooking, so we mainly leave Lincoln to it.

Lexa wraps an arm around me and I cuddle up against her further. In just a few days, I'll finally know where Lexa's taking me.

I'm not exactly sure what I'll end up doing next chapter, I might start the traveling or skip forward to their destination... I'll figure it out. Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!