Chapter 24

Clarke's POV

"Aren't you two supposed to be hungover and dying?" I ask.

"We're dying internally. But Raven tried to make a hangover curing drink that actually worked. There's just a little head ache and I only feel slightly nauseous. The only bad thing is that it tasted horrible." Octavia shudders, her nose wrinkling.

"It really did." Raven groans. "It actually tasted like rocket fuel mixed with rusty metal. And I know what both of those taste like. It was disgusting but effective."

"How do you know what they taste like?" Octavia questions.

"I work around them so much, you know. For the rocket fuel, I have drank out of the wrong cup. Needless to say, it wasn't coffee. The rusty metal, well when you work with bad metal some residue gets stuck on your hands. And let's just say that I forgot to put my hair back and some got in my mouth. Nasty."

"As enlightening as this is, did you come over here for something or just to get jealous of our sex life?"

"I am so not jealous of your sex life, Griffin." Octavia retorts.

"Oh yeah? When's the last time you and Lincoln went to the woods?"

"Uh." She squints, trying to remember. "I can't remember. But I'm pretty sure we're just going to break up soon anyways."

That makes me pause. They have always seemed like the perfect couple.

"Crap, O, I'm sorry." Raven rubs circles on Octavia's back, sympathy on her face.

"Nah, it's been inevitable for a while. I do love him, you know? But I guess it's kind of faded from a I'm in love with you to a you're my best friend kind of love."

"When are you going to talk to him about it?" Lexa asks.

I smile at her concern, knowing that she cares about him because he is now one of the 12 (soon to be 13) nations she watches over. I've seen that she cares about every single person in the nations. And it's certainly going to be interesting seeing her once again in her element, among her people. Because we're not officially her people yet. People of the clans love her, and from what I've gathered from what she's told me, the children are the ones that love her the most. I'm going to love seeing her interact with them. I lean further against her, reaching out and taking her hand.

"Soon. I mean, preferably today or something in case he decides that after that he doesn't want to travel with us."

"He will still come." Lexa sounds certain. "If what you say is what is happening, then he would still come to protect Clarke and I, as well as his best friend."

Octavia relaxes slightly. "I know. I just, I hate to think that I might be reading it wrong and I might break his heart."

"It would be worse if you never told him how you feel. Pretending to be in love with someone never works out." Lexa says gently.

"Dang, when did you turn into a romance guru?" Raven asks, looking impressed.

Lexa looks at me, confusion in her eyes.

"She means when did you get so good at giving relationship advice?"

Lexa flushes slightly and shrugs. "My Night Bloods tell me everything that happens, and romance is something they love to tell me about, or ask me advice about. And my guards sometimes talk amongst themselves on long journeys, and I have learned from them what does and does not work."

Octavia smiles, but looks slightly pale. "Thanks, Commander. I'll go talk to him now. He's probably just got back from patrolling."

Yeah. After taking your ideas into account, I've decided to stick with my original idea. Not that yours were bad, this just seemed like the most realistic way to do this. Because let's face it, Lincoln would never even try to get with someone when he already has a girlfriend. Though I am liking the idea of him getting a boyfriend later on, so let me know what you think and who it could be (I like the idea of Bellamy just because then Raven can tease Lincoln about her and him being the only two to bang both Blakes). Anyway, thank you for reading and your comments! Stay awesome!