Chapter 92

Lexa's POV

Clarke and I begin building a snow fort against the brick wall she pointed out. It is a good place, though I would prefer it if we built it in a corner. Though since there is two of us, we should be fine. Having our backs to the wall makes it harder for them to sneak up on us.

Raven and Octavia are building a large wall that looks like it should collapse any second but it stays up. They even knock out holes in it because it is so tall they need the holes in order to see past the wall. It is not straight, it is a curved half circle that seems to be built for one person to stay in.

All of our forts are far enough apart that it would be difficult to throw a snowball hard enough at another fort to hit it.

Nix, Ryder, and Lincoln have gone a different direction, kind of like a mix of Raven and Octavia's, and Clarke and I's forts. They have built a circle around the tree that is just tall enough where they can sit and be hidden.

Clarke and I are building a half circle that connects to the wall. It will be difficult to get out without destroying the fort but we both agreed that we should stay here in our fort and wait for them to come to us.

At first, Clarke and I are building. Then, it becomes obvious that she has a better attention to detail, which helps with making sure the wall is sturdy and will not fall. Soon it is me that is building our walls while Clarke works a little bit behind me in order to sculpt the walls and stabilize them. We easily fall into a rhythm and work fast and efficiently. We finish quicker than I expected so I look up. The others are not done, they are still working.

"What should we do while we wait for them to finish?" I ask quietly. Though we are not close enough to anyone for them to hear us, I do not want to take that chance. This is war.

"We should make snowballs and discuss strategies." Clarke responds.

I nod and look at the ground around us. The grass is exposed almost everywhere. We used a lot of the snow in our fort to build the walls, so we do not have enough to make many snowballs.

"Start making some, put them in the middle of the fort so they are easily accessible by both of us. I will get us more snow." I say.

Clarke nods and I carefully make my way out of the fort. My legs are long enough that I do not hit anything. I walk around and start taking snow back to our fort. I dump it on the ground inside on both Clarke and I's sides. Clarke gasps when I playfully drop some on her lap.

She pouts at me and I wish I were in our fort so I could lean in and kiss it away. I settle for giving her a smile. She  gives in quickly, grinning at me.

I wink at her and walk around to get more snow. It does not take long for us to have a lot of snow. I am gathering what will be our last load when I hear a plop on my right. I turn my head and see that a snowball has hit the ground, a foot to the side of me. Whoever threw it has terrible aim. I do not hear laughter behind me, so it is not Octavia or Raven. It must be one of the guards.

I calmly finish gathering the snow and take it back to our fort. I dump it on the ground and climb back in. I scrape out a place for me to sit and lean against the brick wall.

"Who threw that at me?" I ask Clarke.

"Ryder. But I don't think he wanted to hit you. Even though this is a snowball fight, he probably doesn't want to hit his Heda."

I nod in understanding before calling out. "Ryder! Do not go easy because I am your Heda! This is the snow war! We are on opposing sides! Do you understand?"

"Sha Heda (yes commander)!" Ryder says back.

I begin making snowballs too, and Clarke and I laugh when we notice the difference between the ones she makes and the ones I make. Mine are more rough around the edges while hers are more round.

We both perk up when we hear a surprised cry. We peek out and see that Lincoln has snow dripping down his scowling face while Octavia does a victory dance a little ways away.

"I bet he wishes that he has a hat." Clarke teases, poking my side.

"He probably wishes it were not like these ones." I tease back.

"Rude." Clarke sniffs playfully. "At least I didn't get you one with earflaps. You'd look cute in one, but you'd look like an angry kitten if I put it on your head."

"Clarke, I am no kitten!" I protest.

"Sure you're not." Clarke grins at me. "Only when you're not wearing your kohl (coal, so her commander makeup). Then you look like an adorable raccoon." She taps my nose.

Another shocked cry makes us look up. Now Octavia has snow dripping down her face and she does not look happy about it.

"Lincoln!" She whines, wiping the snow from her eyes so she can see. When she can open them, she looks at Lincoln and narrows her eyes. "This means war!"

She runs back to her and Raven's fort. Clarke and I watch with amusement as we continue to make more snowballs.

Raven runs out from behind the wall with a war cry, carrying an excessive amount of snowballs. She starts launching them at the guards, who respond by throwing some at her. The fight has begun.

More of the snow war next chapter! Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!