Chapter 17

Clarke's POV

"Alright, bitches." Octavia says excitedly, clapping her hands together. "Time for drinking games!"

Oh no.

The others cheer.

Lexa seems confused. "What are these games you drink to?"

She looks so adorable. I press a kiss to her cheek. "There's a lot of different ones. But they're basically an excuse to drink alcohol. We don't have to participate if you don't want to." She squeezes my hand, giving me that small smile she allows herself when we're not alone. "Let's get food."

We sneak away from the others. I know they'd try to drag us into a game if we aren't subtle about our escape.

"The cooks did well." Lexa remarks as we near the table.

I let out a hum. Just the smell is amazing. We get plates and I make sure to thank the hunters and cooks as we pass them on the way back.

When we sit down, Raven's smirking at us. "Where'd you sneak off to?"

"We went and got food." I say as we sit side by side.

"Boo. You two are boring. Just fuck already."

I'm glad I'm not eating anything because I would have spat it out at her words.

"Raven! Are you drunk already?" I lean closer to her, noticing the faint smell of alcohol on her breath.

"Drunk?" Raven scoffs. "No. I've only had enough to get a buzz. And both sober Raven and slightly buzzed Raven think you should bump uglies already."

"Raven!" I groan.

Lexa knows what she means by "fuck" and is blushing. Though I don't think she knows what bumping uglies is. Actually, I'm not a hundred percent sure what that means either, but knowing Raven it's something sexual.

"Raven!" Octavia yells. She comes over and sits in her lap. "What did you tell the Commander?"

"I just told them that you should win the betting pool."

"I know I should. No pressure, though." Octavia holds up her hands, teetering enough that she nearly falls off Raven and the chair. "I'm okay." She says when she steadies herself.

"Where's Lincoln?" I ask, looking around. I haven't seen him much lately.

"Oh, he's probably with Gustus. Gustus is here for a bit helping with the wounded and Lincoln's been helping him. He said he might come tonight, though."

"He will if you have anything to do with it." Raven snickers.

Octavia laughs but bats at her. "You're horrible."

"That's why we're friends."

A courier rushes over. "Apologies, Heda but there is a message from Polis. It seems that King Menelaus has discovered that the Ice Queen was hiding a Night Blood."

"A Night Blood?" I ask.

"The ones with Night Blood have the potential to become Heda. It is a tradition dating back to the first Commander." Lexa explains. "That is why my blood is black."

"I wondered about that." I murmur. I thought it was a Grounder thing at first, or a genetic anomaly. Maybe it's more than that.

"The fact that Nia, the Ice Queen, was hiding one means they must be exceptionally strong and show great promise. She must have hoped that when I die the next Commander would be hers to control."

Is anyone else just flat out ignoring what happened after the middle of the new episode? Because I am. Damn. They did the thing. Don't worry I'll keep writing and posting because denial isn't just a river in Egypt. And even after I get over it (pfft. Never) I'll still be writing my clexa. So no worries!

On a happier note, what ship should sail? Linctaven? Octaven? Linctavia? Should Raven stay alone and awesome or get together with someone and be awesome? Raven and a different character (like Ontari or something)? Raven and an original character?

Once again, thank you amazing humans for reading and stay awesome!