Chapter 129

Clarke's POV

Lexa and I get changed out of our armor and then spend the next hour and a half cuddling on the couch.

There's a lightness in Lexa that has appeared since we defeated Pakstoka and his pirates. I can't help wondering if it's because of defeating one of her oldest enemies or if it's because of whatever she was thinking about on the boat. I'm really curious about what it is but I know that Lexa will only keep something from me if she has good reason to and if it's not dangerous.

"We should probably get up soon," I murmur.

It has to be close to when we need to start heading down to the docks. Lexa hums in response, snuggling closer to me. I smile and kiss her forehead.

"Must we?" Lexa asks in a quiet voice. "I am comfortable."

"Yes babe, we can't just skip out on your sister on our last day here. Come on, we have to get up." I nudge her.

Lexa grumbles and stands, stretching her arms out. I admire her muscles from where I'm seated, loving how he shirt rides up a little bit to reveal her incredible abs. She yawns and I make a mental note not to jump her bones tonight because we will both need our sleep and are still tired from everything.

I stand as well and we put on our belts with sheathed daggers just in case.

"Should we get Raven and Octavia so they do not miss out?"

"Yeah, but lets not open the door. I don't want to see their naked bodies." I respond.

Lexa grimaces and nods. We head upstairs hand in hand and stop in front of their door. For whatever reason, I can't hear anything through their door. Either their room is soundproof or they're not doing anything at the moment. And their room isn't soundproof. They have definitely proved that during our stay.

I knock and I can hear some shuffling before the door opens to reveal Raven in her regular clothes.

"Hey, Griffin." She greets. "Is it time for us to go?"

"Yeah," I answer. "What have you been doing in here? I haven't heard a thing other than a few banging noises."

"I have been upgrading Boomy! It's going to be so awesome when I'm done." Raven says enthusiastically then looks back in her room to a place where I can't see. "O, come on!"

"Chill Rae I'm almost done." Octavia calls back.

"What is she doing?" I ask without thinking. Crap, if she's doing something I do not want to know about she is still going to tell me.

"Braiding my hair." Octavia answers, stepping into view.

She finishes doing something with her hair and spins around, showing off.

"That looks really good," I say.

"Thanks," Octavia grins happily. "I got bored while Raven worked on Boomy and spouted her mechanics language that I didn't understand a word of."

"Hey!" Raven protests. "It wasn't that boring."

"It was for me." Octavia kisses her girlfriend's cheek to soften her words. "You're just too smart for me, babe. Now come on, I want to see the sunset!"

With that, Octavia starts excitedly pulling Raven while Lexa and I follow a few feet behind them. Raven eventually catches up to Octavia so she isn't being dragged anymore. They do end up asking Lexa or I every once in a while if they're going the right way.

I take in the city around us, hoping we will come back some day. I know Lexa would love to as well, especially with Luna here. We get to the docks using a less efficient route than I would have taken but we made it. On time, too. Bonus.

Luna is sitting at the end of the same dock we used before with the guards. Lincoln and Ryder are talking to each other and laughing while Nix and Luna are discussing something. It's a nice view of our friends and family being happy made better by the sun starting to set behind them. Luna is the first to notice us approaching them and smiles.

"Come, sit down." She pats a space next to her that isn't taken by Nix.

Lexa sits down next to her sister and I sit next to her. Lexa lets go of my hand and wraps an arm around my waist. I sigh contently and snuggle up to her. She starts a conversation with Luna elaborating about what has been going on these past years since they have seen each other.

The sky turns beautiful colors, reflecting over the ocean. I'm so entranced that I don't notice Lincoln and Ryder getting up to go get us our food. The colors are magnificent as ever, blues and reds and pinks and orange and others all blending together in intricate ways that take my breath away. It's the perfect night for this, with no clouds blocking the sight.

Everything is made so much better by the amazing food that Lincoln cooked. I barely take my eyes away from the horizon but make sure to complement his incredible cooking skills thoroughly. The sun slowly vanishes, looking as though it is disappearing into the ocean.

We stay here, talking and laughing until the moon is making it's slow ascent in the sky. All of us are reluctant to say goodnight and end up walking up to the houses we're staying in together. Luna even gives Lexa a hug before she walks off, threatening to track her down if she doesn't say goodbye to her in the morning.

Raven, Octavia, Lexa and I all head into the house we are staying in.

"Goodnight," I stifle a yawn. "Don't stay up too late."

"We won't, we will just go right to bed." Octavia says, ignoring how Raven grumbles and complains in response. "Goodnight."

Lexa and I take off each other's clothes and fall into bed, exhausted but happy. We cuddle together in the center of the bed, falling asleep easily in each other's arms.

Aww... Next chapter, they go and start heading to the next clan! Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!