Chapter 134

Clarke's POV

I wait just inside the trading post. Octavia, Raven, and Lexa talk for a moment longer before they come inside. Octavia and Raven look almost as happy as Raven does when she throws grenades. I wonder what Lexa could have said to make them that happy. Raven winks at me as she passes and Lexa takes my hand when she reaches me with a shy smile.

I squeeze her hand and we head towards the dining area. The others are already seated, aside from Aron and Hal, who are putting food and drinks in front of everyone. I'm glad when I notice that the only drink they're passing out is water. Dealing with hungover people on a trip like this doesn't sound fun. Especially when we're headed to the desert.

Lexa sits next to me, still holding onto my hand. I mentally thank whatever gods are listening that we can hold hands without one of us having to sacrifice the use of our dominant hands.

The dinner that Lincoln and Hal made is amazing, as we all expected. Though I technically helped, the only thing I did was cut up the vegetables and slice the meat. I'm not good at cooking in the least, so I'm a little surprised they let me do anything. If I did more, the food might be more crispy.

We talk about the desert with Hal and Aron, learning little bits of information about it. In return, they ask about our trip. They really seem to enjoy the story about how we defeated the pirates and Pakstoka.

Dinner is over before we know it and Lexa practically orders everyone to get a good nights' sleep. The others head to the rooms with Aron leading to show them which is theirs. Lexa and I help Hal clean up after dinner and wash the dishes. We definitely don't start a soap fight that ends with us cleaning up the sudsy floor. Thankfully, Hal finds it hilarious to see the stoic Heda like that so he doesn't mind.

We head to our room that they show us, thanking Aron and Hal again for their hospitality.

"So what was that earlier?" I ask when we're in the comfort of the bedroom. I wanted to ask earlier but I know Lexa would probably prefer to answer now rather than then. "You know, with Octavia and Raven killing my eardrums with their squealing. What happened?"

Lexa purses her lips in that way that lets me know she either isn't ready to or can't tell me the truth. We've been able to tell when the other is lying for a while.

"It... It is not anything bad." Lexa says slowly like she's hesitant to give anything away. "I just told them about something I plan on doing and they got excited."

I frown, wondering what could have made them that excited. Lexa kisses my cheek gently and I relax as she wraps her arms around me. Every worry, every underlying concern fades away to the background when I'm in her arms.

"I promise, Clarke. It will be a good thing." Lexa murmurs in my ear. "I will tell you, just not until later." She kisses the side of my head. "Ai hod yu in (I love you)."

I hum contently and rest my head on her shoulder. "Ai hod yu in sentaim (I love you too)."

I can picture in my mind the smile that's undoubtably spreading on my girlfriend's face. I find it so cute that she smiles every time I tell her that I love her. It's like she can't quite believe that I do and every time, I surprise her by reminding her that I do.

"Let us go to bed, ai hodnes (my love)." She says after a moment of silence.

I pull back from her so I can see her face and my insides turn to mush at the soft look in her eyes and her gentle expression. Float me, I love this woman.

"Go to bed or 'go to bed'?" I ask, making air quotes and raising a suggestive eyebrow so she knows what I mean.

I grin at the blush that colors her cheeks. "Just going to bed, Clarke. We will need our rest tomorrow. Being sleep deprived and in the hot sun all day is not fun."

I pout but nod, understanding. "But we will soon, right babe?"

We haven't since before we went to fight Pakstoka and I'm dying inside of frustration. How I ever kept my hands off of her for the long period of time before we had our first time is a mystery to me. Now that I have had a taste of her and what we can do together... I cut off my thoughts there so I don't go to sleep any more frustrated than I have to be.

"Of course." Lexa kisses me quickly. "You are irresistible, Clarke. Soon. The town we are headed to is only a day and a half's ride away. We can have a late night tomorrow and not worry about getting up and leaving early."

I grin and lean in, giving her a slow but deep kiss that leaves us both wishing it were already tomorrow night. I kiss her nose to make her smile and chuckle instead of her hot panting.

Lexa and I take off each other's clothes and exchange lustful and wistful looks as we do so. We climb underneath the furs and snuggle in the middle. I rest my head on Lexa's chest and sling my arm over her stomach. She wraps an arm around my shoulder and sighs happily.

We fall asleep a little less easily than usual but we're tired from the long say we have had, so our mutual frustration doesn't keep us up for too long. We fall into a restful sleep only to wake up to giggling.

I crack open one eye to see that Octavia and Raven are in our room. The furs have slipped enough that they can see our bare shoulders but they're unfazed by that. I squint, wondering what they find funny until I realize that during the night, Lexa and I switched positions. And she's the 'front spoon.'

Cuteness! And frustration... Next chapter, they head out and the Skaikru girls see the desert for the first time! Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!