Chapter 124

Lexa's POV

It is even more satisfying than I thought, killing Pakstoka. He is one of my oldest opponents, one of my first enemies. The life leaves his eyes and I enjoy knowing it is due to Clarke and I's teamwork that we have defeated him.

I pull my dagger from his chest and watch impassively as his body falls backwards. I sheathe my swords and let out a quiet breath. It is finally over.

Clarke puts her hand on my shoulder and I turn to her. She squeezes and smiles proudly at me. Her hand runs down my arm until she entwines her hand with mine.

"Thank you for your help, Clarke. I could not have done it without you." I murmur.

Clarke gives me a disbelieving look. "Yeah you could have."

I grin and kiss her cheek. "Sha (yes) I could have, but everything is better with you by my side."

"Hey love nerds!" Raven calls. "Yeah, I'm bringing that back. We're done here."

I look around the room and see that all of the pirates have either fled or are dead. Clarke and I walk away from Pakstoka and towards our friends and comrades. I have to admit, though I logically know that he is dead, it still feels odd turning my back on him when he is so near to me.

"You sit down, Lexa." Clarke orders me, leading me to a chair. I comply and she nods in satisfaction. "I am going to check on everyone, make sure no one's injured. I know you will insist on going last and I know it'll be more trouble than I want to make you change your mind, so here." She hands me a rag and pours a liquid on it. "Clean your wound while I work, okay?"

I look up into her eyes, seeing the glimmer of worry in them. "Of course." I smile softly at her, reaching out and squeezing her hand. "Go help the others, Doctor Griffin."

Clarke laughs and gives me a kiss before walking away, taking in the others. None of them are badly hurt enough to need her immediate attention, so she goes to Octavia first. I know she would prefer to go help Raven first but Raven would complain that she is doing it because of her leg.

I pull off my upper torso armor for the first time in a while; Clarke usually takes it off for me. I set down my armor gently on the floor and roll up my sleeves. I frown when I see the streaks of blood running down my arm, wiping that away first so Clarke does not freak out about how much blood I lost. I have been injured often enough to know it is not a life threatening amount, or even an alarming amount.

I examine the wounds, noting the circular shapes and they luckily do not look deep. I gently run the rag over my wounds, my muscles twitching because it stings. Clarke works her way around the room, wrapping a few wounds and even giving Luna a few stitches for a particularly nasty cut on her forearm.

My sister must see my concern because she gives me a smile and thumbs up, something I am certain Raven and Octavia must have taught her. Clarke makes her way back to me and kneels before me, running her hand along my injured arm.

"Does it hurt too badly?" She murmurs, taking the rag from my hand and gently running it over my wounds again.

"Not too bad," I respond.

Clarke can tell when I lie, and I would rather her know I am in pain but it is not terrible than to have her worry about me hiding my pain. We have had a few discussions about this and I have agreed to tell her about how I feel and she will do the same.

"Good. They're not too deep," she says, pulling back to inspect my wounds. "I'm still going to keep an eye on them, though. I do not want you getting infected because of that crusty old man's rusty shield."

I laugh at that and Clarke grins up at me. She gets back to work, still smiling, wrapping my arm in the wrapping cloths she brought with her from the Floukru city.

I lean back, enjoying the delicate feeling of her fingers against my arm. The atmosphere of the room we are in, despite it being full of dead soldiers, feels light. Raven and Octavia are talking to Luna, who is laughing and smiling. The guards are sitting by Nakai, talking quietly.

"Heda," Nakai says loud enough for me to hear, breaking the quiet.

Clarke, finished with my arm, takes my hand as I stand up and we walk over to her.

"Yes, Nakai?" I prompt her.

"Are we going to go to where the innocent citizens are? I would like to head over soon so my sister does not worry."

I nod, "Of course. Is everyone ready to go?"

I look around at the others, who either nod or give thumbs up (two guesses who they are-Octavia and Raven). Everyone stands and Octavia helps a hesitant Raven up ("I'm tired okay?").

Before we go anywhere, I put my armor back on. I do not want people to see that I am injured, even if it is minor.

We make our way through the tunnels with Clarke once again telling us where to turn and what to expect. We must have either killed or driven off the pirates because we encounter none on our journey. Finding the large cavern gets easier as we get closer, as the sounds of murmuring, worried people fills the air.

When we step into the cavern, the room goes silent. I had let Nakai take the lead in the last cave so her sister can see her first. Clarke and I walk in behind her, hands entwined.

Sakai rushes over and practically tackles her sister in a hug.

Next chapter, they figure out what the people in the cave will decide to do in the future... Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!