Chapter Thirty Two

"Amber don't do this to me" I hear a voice say to me but I can't respond. I can't get up. I hear but I can't see.

"Do something!" I hear someone yell.

I hear many people talking yet I feel nothing.

I hear the voice again, "Amber wake up, I love you, I need you, wake up baby please." I blink my eyes and bright lights surround me. Am I in heaven? I try lifting my head, I can't, in tied to something. My vision becomes clearer and clearer and I see Rob over me, he's been crying.

"Oh thank god." He says, he hugs me and he's actually suffocating me. He lets me go and I ask, "Where am I? What is this stuff?" There are two needles in my right arm and some kind of machine on my head.

"You're in my hospital. My doctor works here. This morning you got up and fainted."

"Tell him I suffer from migraines. I faint maybe once of twice a year due to them."

"That could explain some, but it took you so long to wake up. It's been five hours. Your vital signs have been well so I didn't call your parents. I didn't know if you wanted me to..." Thank god he didn't! This would worry them so bad and they both have weak hearts.

"Thank you Rob, you did the right thing. We'll tell them about it later." The doctor walks into the room.

"Hello again Amber, I've been speaking with Mr. Downey and he knows what's been going on so let me explain it to you now. We did several exams on you and even x-rays as Mr. Downey demanded and everything seems perfect. We did however find a high amount of alcohol in your system. Do you suffer from any other medical problem we should know about?"

"I suffer from migraines with aura doctor, and when I drink it makes me incredibly loopy. I guess I had too much and a migraine came on."

"Ah, ok... It seems this migraine was a very bad one. We did do a cat scan of the brain and everything is normal. Blood tests, normal, and you aren't pregnant." This makes me giggle a little. Hmm... Pregnancy.... Focus Amber!

The doc continues, "The machine on your head is just taking your brain waves which seem normal as well. If you are feeling well and blood tests suggest a lot of the alcohol is out of your system you can go home in a few hours. How do you feel?"

I access my body. "I have no pain... Anywhere." Thank goodness. Migraines are fucking horrible.

"Yes well the morphine should have kicked in, but should be wearing off soon."

"Thank you doctor." I say and Rob gets up and actually hugs the man thanking him. He exits and I have to explain something to Rob.

"Babe, are YOU ok?" I ask him.

"I never want to loose you. Ever." He says looking me straight in the eye. A tear goes down his face and I reach out to wipe it away.

"I'm ok Rob. This has happened to me before, the alcohol just makes it worse. I've suffered from migraines since I was little and now they're getting so much better that I thought I could risk the hangover. Apparently I can't."

"I'm never letting you drink that much again. You were gone. Do you remember anything?"

"No. But I agree babe, no more crazy drinking. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, you're ok." He holds my hand and a nurse comes in with dinner. This hospital is first class, steak and mashed potatoes with steamed vegetables and lemon ice water. He must pay a lot when he comes here. He refuses letting me feed myself and he feeds me. I love this man so much. He massages my feet and even combs through my hair when they remove the brain wave machine.

"I love you so much Robert."

"Not as much as I love you."

In a few hours it's 8 p.m. and a nurse gives us discharge papers, a prescription and a follow up appointment. Rob handles everything and refuses I walk to the door. Unbelievable. He demands a wheelchair for me and a nurse wheels me out to the side entrance of the hospital where J is waiting for us. Fresh air.

I get into the car, my body still weak and we head to his penthouse again. The sight of wine and rum make me sick to my stomach.

"Put those somewhere I can't see them please babe." He does as I say and I thank god this only lasted a day. Tomorrow is graduation. Shit.