Chapter Thirty Nine

Being that I have so much new in my life lately, I decided to postpone the job hunt for a bit, I need the small break anyway, four years of undergraduate studies takes a toll on you. Over the past seven and a half weeks it has all been about Serena and Alex. Literally. Her cake, her dress, his tux, their WHOLE WEDDING! Even Rob is involved. Speaking of Rob, the penthouse is a dream come true. It's like I was the princess locked up in the tallest tower of a castle waiting to be rescued and he rescued me. I couldn't be any happier! My parents have come over three times since I moved in and so have several of my friends and Serena of course.

So the wedding planner comes to the penthouse today since the big shebang is in TWO DAYS! We talk over the specs and details Serena and I with her and everything is in place. They're getting married upstate at a beautiful venue, one of those catering places that also have rooms and outdoor space. The wedding will be outdoors and the reception will be indoors.

Needless to say we have nerves and excitement all at once. I can tell Serena really wants this. They're ready for marriage. All the while, I've been holding the idea in my mind of marrying Rob... What it would be like... Having kids with him... All that lovely stuff, but I haven't said it out loud. Not yet at least.

For the wedding I'm wearing a dress that Serena picked out since I'm the maid of honor. It's a wine colored dress with a sweetheart neck line. I absolutely love it! I'm pairing it with a pair of Louboutins Rob bought me especially for the wedding. He's wearing an all black suit and a slim wine colored tie with a wine colored handkerchief in the pocket to match with me, cute right?

Everything is literally set for if the wedding happened tomorrow, so Serena is going to spend today with me and our closest friends at her bachelorette get together. It should be a night to remember!

Rob left this morning to do some early work so Serena and I are out shopping for our outfits tonight. We

We return with about ten bags in each arm when we arrive at Rob's penthouse, whoops I mean, our... Penthouse. I don't think I'll ever get used to that.

Rob is there and tries his best to drag me away from Serena, it's very cute. He's pulling on my arm.

"Can I borrow her from you just a sec?" Rob asks Serena. She proceeds to shove me into his arms and he picks me up. There is no way I'm escaping now, he's way too strong. He carries me to our bedroom and places me on the bed.

"Rob! You know I have to get dres-" He interrupts me and goes in for a kiss, mmm how I love his lips. He pulls my skirt down and kisses my legs. Would you continue saying no to him? I can't. He comes up, his hands finding my intimacy through my panties and he kisses me, biting and sucking on my lips and I am wetter than ever. That's when we are interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Sorry Serena I needed a bit more than a second." Rob says.

"Umm... No actually, I wasn't interrupting you guys because of that... Um, Amber. Get out here." My face turns serious, I know Serena well and I know something is wrong. Rob pulls up my skirt and I kiss him softly on the cheek. I grab a water bottle from the side table near the bed and try my best to make it look like we weren't making out.

"I'll be back hot stuff..." I whisper in his ear as I head out to the living room.

"Hi, Amber. Can we talk?" The bottle falls out of my hands, water everywhere. I can't believe my eyes. Rob follows behind me noticing my tenseness.

"Who is this Amber?" Rob asks.

"I'm her ex-boyfriend." Shit.