Chapter Seventeen

"We will now be passing by several sightseeing attractions" the waiter says over the intercom in the yacht. Robert and I get dressed and go outside to the very front of the boat holding hands and sit to enjoy the view. He pulls me to him and I swear there is no other place I would rather be. We see the Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge, the United Nations, among other attractions. Several hours have passed and it is now 6 p.m. After enjoying the gorgeous view of manhattan from a luxury yacht, we are invited into the indoor lounge area where yummy food and drinks await us at a table with candlelight and flowers. How romantic is this?! If only he would propose! HA HA, just kidding... But honestly,if this is how he takes a girl out imagine how he would propose!

I am satiated, the food was absolutely divine. We are on our third drinks when we step outside to see the city lights at night, there is nothing more beautiful than my city at night.

Robert turns to me, his eyes serious. "Amber, I want to tell you something,and then ask you something."

"Anything Robert" I say with a smile.

"I'm kind of crazy and wild sometimes, some people get it and others don't,there are only a select few who embrace it, such as yourself" he holds me tight to him. I look up to him, gazing into his eyes.

"Maybe it's because I'm just as crazy and wild babe" I reply.

He smiles big and bright and it makes me smile too. He kisses my forehead and goes on, "Is this happening so fast? Well, I don't care. I feel this tremendous amount of trust with you, I can tell you how I feel. I'm so glad I said yes to being apart of your school's banquet and I'm even happier that I was chosen to be your partner. Now I want you to chose me." He gets on one knee and I swear my heart drops to my ass! "Will you be my girlfriend Amber?"

"Yes!" What'd he think I would say, no?! "Of course Robert!" He stands up and we kiss under the stars on the Hudson with the city skyline as witness. This moment is perfect. But wait. This has to be kept under wraps until I graduate. There are only about two and a half weeks left of classes and then finals week and then the banquet and then graduation! My thoughts are killing me and my mind is spinning, I need to sit down. I'm still in his arms and he is looking over at the city skyline.

"Rob I need to sit down." He sits on the floor of the boat right there and puts me in his lap.

"What's wrong? Look at me babe, please don't scare me again."

"No, no I'm fine I just...sometimes my mind goes on a whirlwind and drives me nuts."

"What are you thinking? Tell me."

"I want to be with you and see where this takes us, that's a yes. But we have to keep this under wraps for both our sakes. You have your career and I have to deal with school. I'm sure you would agree with me...?"

"Whatever you want Amber, I'm ready to show you off to the world, but I will be busy filming, and we could spend time at your apartment or mine, or on private trips like this. It's only a few weeks, so yes Amber,I agree."

"That's right. I forgot you're wrapping up filming that new movie... Well it's a good thing, we'll both be busy, but hey, since you stole my number I'm always available even when we can't meet in person. During practice with Mrs. Dawson it has to be as if we don't even know each other, well, you know what I mean. So wait, how have you been filming all this time?"

"I go back and forth, it's easy, not a big deal. Now I have even more motivation to come back" he says with a wink and another gorgeous smile.

I sit there in his arms enjoying the breeze and we both are very happy. When am I going to get to please my man? I ask my inner goddess, she replies,'soon'. Ah yes, tonight is a good night.