Chapter Fourty Nine

"The wine and bottle it came in have been tested for any signs of tampering, and it seems there has been a purposeful poisoning of it." The officer says to me.

Tears roll down my face. Rob has been in the emergency trauma room for an hour. The doctors say his vitals are stable but he just won't wake up. They have no idea why. I just want to hold his hand. They won't let me near him.

"I know that officer. I'm sure the bitch who did this will be here any minute. Can you charge her with anything?"

"We searched the place, and the room of the woman you say is responsible of this and we did fine enough evidence to take her in just from her room." This means if this time didn't work, she would try again and again. She had more poison stashed! I knew it! She is evil.

"Thank you officer. As soon as she comes I will tell you. I'm sure she'll be here any second. The other people who work for my fiancé let her know of what happened without letting her know we know it's her."

"Mrs. Downey?" I hear the doctor call me. I'm too flustered to correct him, I just run to him.

"Yes doctor?"

"You can see him now. He's not awake but he's showing signs of soon awakening. If he had drank any more of that wine...." I hold my hand up to stop him. I can't bear to think of it. "Sorry Mrs. Downey. He is ok. The poison is leaving his system." I won't feel better until I hear his voice and see his eyes. It's like a part of me died. Paula will pay for this.

I enter the trauma room, my face a mess. I grab his hand, caressing it gently. He looks calm. I think he's dreaming because he starts mouthing things.

"Yes baby I'm here, you're ok. It's me, Amber. I'm here."

"Amber, I love you, mmhmm, yes Amber, of course. Anything." He says in his dreams. This helps me a bit. I kiss his forehead and simply sit and wait.

"Mrs. Downey, one more thing. He may take a while to wake up. He may be very nauseous and overall sick. It's normal, the poison was strong so it will take a few to leave his system."

"But I don't understand. He's ok? Yes?"

"Yes he is. But this kind of poison is... Deadly. Since he only had a very small sip, he will be ok. The side effects might be brutal, but that depends on the person and situation."

"Ok." I pray to god he will be ok. I just don't understand, but whatever. He will be ok. I tell myself over and over.

Several hours have passed and he's breathing slowly and deeply. He's calm. I haven't left his side and I will never leave his side. His vitals have been great and time seems to be helping him even more. This shows me that I can't live without him. I need him, no if ands or buts. He is a part of me.

J walks into the room and I run to him. I cry my heart out in his arms. He's like family to me so having him here makes me feel even better.

"He's going to be ok miss Amber, don't cry please." He holds me tight, this makes me miss my dad and mom.

"J how did you get here?" I say in between sobs.

"I didn't want you to be alone through this and Mr. Downey needs a well informed representative, you know for his paper work, etc. And you two are like family to me. He will be ok miss Amber, don't cry please. You don't want to see me cry do you?" I shake my head no. It even sounds weird... strong and powerful J crying...

I turn around and assume my position next to my fiancé, J beside me for the next hour until we see Rob starting to move.

A smile comes across my face and J runs to get the doctor.

"Baby, it's ok. I'm here with you."

"Mm...." His voice is muffled from being asleep for so long. "W-what happened? Where am I?"

I tell him what happened and his face is stern and cold.

"I can't believe her. She will be facing the police once I find her." J immediately walks in and responds, "Oh yes sir. That has been taken care of. She just walked in and I informed the police of her presence here."

"She's still here J?" I ask him.

"Yes mam." I run out, Rob asking me not to behind me but I have to at least look her in the eye.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" She is in handcuffs and is almost out of the ER exit when I find her. "WHY?! Why would you do this to me? To him?!"

"I DIDNT know!" That's her fucking response. Her. Mother. Fucking. Response. She DIDNT fucking know. I can't bear her presence anymore. The officer lets me know they'll be in contact with us. I turn around and go back to Rob's room. If he's so "ok" why haven't they removed him from the trauma ER?

"Amber what did you do?!" Rob is in a frenzy. I go to him and hold his hand.

"I did nothing. I simply asked her why."

"She's a crazy bitch that's why!"

"I know. I love you. I can't live without you, when you started to fall... I, I..." I start sobbing and he reaches towards me.

"I'm ok babe. I'm iron man I'm not going anywhere. I love you." I kiss him and lay with him in his arms on his hospital bed.