Chapter 2

Bella's POV -

I slammed the door of my truck, flinching internally, out of guilt for hurting my baby, but didn't have the time to stop. I've never been late. Not once. I had two minutes to be in class or my perfect record would be ruined. I ran across the lot. Angry. Angry at myself for sleeping in, and angry at everyone else for parking so close to the school and making me park on the opposite end of the lot.

I worked a late shift the night before and didn't fall asleep until two in the morning, where as I'm usually in bed by ten. I ran through the hallway, silently praying that I didn't get caught running the halls by any teacher, I skidded to a stop in front of my English class, the first class of my day, and I pushed the door open. I made it with ten seconds to spare, but it wouldn't have mattered, the teacher wasn't even there yet.

I mentally kicked myself and made a note not to work that late on a school night again, though I knew, if I was honest with myself, it wasn't about work. I got off at twelve. It was the fact that I was up til two messaging my virtual pen pal.

He suggested we play twenty questions last night, and I braced myself to finally see the worst part of him. I was afraid it was going to be him acting like any other perverted guy that's ever asked me to play that. "What color underwear do you have on?" "what size is your bra?" "are you dtf?" "send me pictures?"

That wasn't me. Any guy to ever ask me any of that was immediately cut off. But he didn't. He asked me questions like, if I was a cat or dog person. He told me he was a cat person because he had trouble trusting dogs. He asked me what my dream car was, and made me realize I'd never thought about it. He asked me trivial everyday things and made me laugh, my phone buzzed in my pocket and I took it out, it was a message from him.

'another day, another horrible school lesson. I mean they teach common sense, things people already know and take credit for their knowledge.'

I held in a giggle, as the teacher made his grand entrance, a visual flustered mess, and behind him, the new kid, wearing a pair of black sunglasses. I recognized him from the other day at the store, when Mr. Artist asked him to introduce himself, I felt a ping of guilt. I hated being the center of attention, I always felt horrible for others who had to endure it as well.

He curled his fingers around the glasses and pulled them off his face, he seemed confident enough and my guilt vanished as I realized he was just fine.

"My name is Edward Cullen, I'm from Florida, I play basketball, and while the weather is horrible I am trying to remain optimistic." his eyes scanned the room and landed on me, he smiled softly and said "I'm sure It's going to be great."

I watched him as he slipped his sunglasses in his pocket and made his way back to where I was, taking the empty desk next to me and opening his bag, not looking at me anymore, as class went on.

Authors note ;
So I've decided that I'm going to try writing a chapter a day, now in the spirit of this, I'm going to try and keep every chapter between 500 and 600 words, as it would make it easier to keep it updated this way! Vote, follow, and tell me what you think!!