Chapter 21

"Say cheese!" I called with a grin, holding a camera in front of my face as I took a picture of the little family in front of me, celebrating their little girls fourth birthday.

I walked back to the mother once the photo was taken and passed her the camera, she looked at the photo and grinned.

"I approve." She said. "Thank you."

"No problem," I said with a sincere smile. "If you need anything else just give me a holler."

"Alright, honey. Thanks." She said, and with that I turned and walked away, back to work.

I was working the late shift tonight, it was Friday. My dad didn't mind me working late on weekends. Though there are other things I would rather be doing. Luckily, my ever amazing boyfriend is picking me up tonight.

I drove here, we were going to leave my truck over the weekend. Somehow Edward convinced me to go camping, however only on the condition i got to invite my friends. He was quick to oblige. He was very pleased when Rosalie and I made up.

So, I told my dad we were leaving tonight, but in reality we were going to leave tomorrow. I was spending the night alone with Edward tonight. His parents were gone to some kind of convention a few towns over.

It was around 6 that the little family left the diner, and I found my eyes wandering after them, I was going to have that one day, I swear it. Edward and I, and our baby. One day, when we're happily married.

I went around cleaning the restaurant, stocking up where it was needed, and taking orders as they came in. But, there wasn't many at all.

Tonight seemed to drag on forever, Kyra was the only one working besides me on the counter and there was only one person in the kitchen. We only needed one person on cash tonight, there was so little customers coming and going.

"So what are your plans for the weekend?" Garrett asked, as Kyra and I escaped the front of the restaurant to the kitchen. The boredom was enough to kill you out there, and we could see the counter from where we stood.

"I'm having a spa weekend." Kyra spoke up, grinning.

"Ou, sweet." Garrett said.

"Compliments of Derek," she added,beaming. "Because I have the sweetest boyfriend ever!"

"I don't know, I think Edward might give Derek a run for his money." I teased softly.

"What about you, Bella?" Kyra asked, smiling at me, "what are your plans?"

"I'm spending a night tonight with Edward, alone at his place, and then tomorrow, Edward, Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, Jasper and I are going camping. We have a long weekend, Edward wanted to spend it right."

"Cute," Garrett said.

"What about you?" I asked Garrett.

"I'm spending the weekend with my girl. I think this is the weekend." He said.

"The weekend?" I questioned, excited.

"Wait, what does that mean?" Kyra asked.

"I'm proposing this weekend." Garrett said with a grin.

"That's amazing." Kyra stated, seeming suddenly distracted. Garrett stared at her, and I watched in between the both of them, Garretts face took on the same level of confusion mine did, as she sighed and quickly excused herself, her good mood suddenly vanished.

"Tell me how it goes, anyway," I finally said, turning back to him. His face was far away as well.

"I will." He said, "maybe if she says yes we can go on a double date to celebrate."