Chapter 45

Third person POV

Third person POV

Two years later.

Edward stood with his arms crossed, staring our at the backyard where his girlfriend, Bella, was walking around wearing flip flops, her phone to her ear in deep discussion with her mother in Florida. Their ten week old puppy was running around Bella's feet, barking and jumping as Bella continuously picked up the ball he was playing with and throwing it for him to chase.

Edwards phone rang in his pocket and he quickly and quietly pulled it out and checked the caller ID, once he seen who it was, he crept inside the house again and slowly closed the sliding glass door before answering it.

"Hello?" He spoke into the reciever, peeking out the glass to be sure Bella hadn't followed him.

"Are you ready for tonight?" An all too familiar female voice asked him.

"Yes, I can't wait to see you." He told her.

"I can't wait to see you, either. This will be fun!" She squealed softly, and Edward pulled the phone away from his ear, a smile on his face as he rolled his eyes.

"Save my eardrums, please." He said once he brought the phone back to his ear.

"Sorry, Edward, it's just I can't believe we all got to fly out and now we get to surprise Bella!" She said.

"It's going to be great." Edward responded. "She's been down a lot lately, and she really didn't want to celebrate her birthday today. I feel like once she sees everyone she'll get over that, though."

"Truth!" Alice sighed into the phone, as she paced along her hotel room. Rosalie watched her from the bed, with bags around her, filled with party decorations. "So how are we doing this?" She asked.

"I'm taking Bella to a movie at six this afternoon, with the commute to the theatre, the previews, and the movie itself that will give you guys about two and a half hours to get everything set up." He said, still watching his girlfriend as she played with their puppy outside.

Bella laughed and leaned over to give their dog scratches behind his ear, and then looked up to notice her boyfriend had gone missing.

"Daddy's gone, Nuka." She told the black and white Sheppard mix pup by her foot. He barked in response. "You're right, come with mommy we will go find him." She said, patting her leg and heading towards the house. He bounded after her, as she headed towards the stairs.

"That sounds great, but, make sure you leave your key under the mat." Alice said, at the same time Bella locked eyes with her boyfriend, seeing he was on the phone. He immediately began panicking.

"Code blue!" He said quickly, hanging up the phone. Bella's eyes furrowed in confusion and suspicion at her boyfriends odd behavior. She slid the door open and stepped inside with their dog on her heels.