Chapter 18

Warning : Smut and heavy sexual content in this chapter.

I hope you like it! Vote and comment if you do!

The next week at school seemed to drag on. I didn't realize how comforting Edwards presence was until he wasn't here anymore... and it was tough, to deal with the staring and constant gossip. Some people were saying I cheated on James with Edward, others said I cheated on Edward with James. Either way, it boils down to me being a dirty cheating slut around the school. It was the final day of Edwards suspension, and I was glad for it. I hadn't seen him since that first day, as he got grounded. He managed to convince Carlisle to let him keep his phone though, so we were able to talk and text.

As the days went on it became worse. Today, James's little pet that used to follow him around the school like a puppy, Victoria, targeted me. Multiple times she had walked past me, pushing me into the lockers, or tripping me up in class.. because I'm not clumsy enough she decided to help me. On top of that, the rumors seemed to flare even more today with Edwards impending return to school.

I had heard countless times that there was going to be a shit storm when Edward returned, because he was finally going to face me. I had heard that apparently, Edward used me for a good time anyway so it wouldn't matter so much. I heard people say that Edward had told them I meant nothing. And me, being the insecure mess that I am, even started to believe it. Lunch time I snuck away to the back of the cafeteria to make a phone call to him, he, as always, answered on the first ring.

"Hello there, beautiful Bella." He said, sounding cheerful.

"Hi." I told him, I could hear the overwhelming emotion in my own voice. And of course, he could read me like a book even without it.

"What is it? What's wrong?" He asked immediately, the cheerful tone from before totally vanished and replaced with an urgent worried tone.

"It's just that the rumors are getting worse. Everything is getting worse." I said, thinking about Victoria in particular.

"What's happening?" He asked.

"Never mind that, just," I paused, turning to face the busy student body talking and laughing and eating all around the cafeteria, "Tell me you love me."

"Bella," he said in a disapproving tone, "don't tell me you're letting those bimbos make you doubt my love for you."

I sighed softly, and looked down. I knew he was right, I still wanted to hear the words, but of course, I wouldn't ask again.

"I don't know," I whispered, so low I wasn't even sure he heard.

"Bella?" he said, his voice softer.

"Mmm?" I mumbled.

"I love you, so much." He said, his tone so soft my heart melted, and I felt tears form in my eyes.

"I love you to." I told him, fighting back the tears. I have to stop being so emotional.

"I'll straighten all this out, okay?" he said, "I promise."

"Okay," I said softly, nodding once out of habit.

"Go eat something, I got to do something, I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay, bye Edward,"

"Bye, beautiful." I shivered softly. I never felt beautiful, but when he says it, I believe it, even if for just a split second.

I hung up the phone and headed back to the table I shared with my friends, I sat down in my usual chair and Alice slid over a tray.

"We got you some pizza, we knew it was your favorite." She said.