Chapter 24.

The rest of the camping trip was pretty great. After Edward woke up from his well needed nap, he brought me on a walk to see a lake. We sat for hours, quietly drinking in the beauty, and stealing kisses from each other, his loving hands never strayed to far from me.

Back at the campsite we had fun with everyone, Emmett had brought a football along, so the six of us tossed that around, it quickly became an actual game, that I ended up having to sit out of because Emmett got a little to over excited and tackled me, causing me to fuck up my ankle for a while.

I knew it was just a bruise. I'd broken bones and sprained my ankle so many times over the years it was quick to pinpoint. I was just relieved I was okay. Edward, however, was quite angry at Emmett being reckless enough to tackle someone half his size.

I had reassured him, but he had still left the game, coming to sit next to me and watch. Someone had to sit out anyway, without me the numbers just weren't even. Edward was quick to offer himself.

That last day was a great day, despite my limping. Edward carried me, mostly, which was great, just being in his arms. However, now I was home. I was walking around more comfortably now, but, there was still an aching feeling in my ankle with each movement.

I got settled away and walked gingerly down over the stairs, wondering idly what to make for Charlie's dinner. He's been a couple days without homemade cooking now, the poor man was probably starved.

I had invited Edward over for dinner as well, but he had to decline as his parents wanted to speak with him. He told me it was probably some shit about how Tanya was getting released, and that he'd rather be anywhere but there.

I'm the end, I decided to make my personal favourite, because sometimes I'm selfish. Homemade stuffed chicken breast, pairing it with corn and mashed potatoes, I was sure Charlie wouldn't grumble with my choice.

Luckily it was a quick and easy thing to make, within an hour and a half I was dishing our dinner onto two plates, just as Charlie walked in.

"Bella?" He called out, causing me to roll my eyes. Who else would it be?

"Yes, dad?" I called back, as I moved to the fridge and hauled out the jug of water.

"Something smells great.." he murmured as he walked into the kitchen, letting out a satisfied moan "you're a godsend, Bella!"

I poured our glasses of drink and sat in my seat, Charlie sat down across from me, and began eating quickly, confirming my suspicions that he had not eaten well while I was gone. I idly wondered what he was going to do once I left for college, but I pushed that thought aside, I had a few months until I had to worry about that.

Once he got halfway through, he slowed down, picking up the newspaper, he opened it up and began muttering to himself.

I took this as a sign that I wouldn't be subjected to dinner time conversation, and picked up my new book I had on the table next to me. It was some murder mystery, about this woman whose parents were murdered while her and her little sister was in bed.

She found her parents bodies and went searching for the little girl, only to find her curled up in her toy box, after apparently witnessing the brutal acts.

The little girl was traumatized into not speaking, and was mute for years after until random brutal murders started happening on the farm where she lived. I was just getting to the part where she was finding her voice again, and about to tell everyone who had murdered her parents, when Charlie cleared his throat.

I looked up to meet his gaze across the table, arching my brow, I marked my place in the book and laid it next to me.

"So how was the camping trip?" He asked, seemingly unsettled.