Chapter 34

A/N : I'm sorry it's been so long since I last updated. Crazy to think in this time I've had another baby. Wanted to give you guys something quick as I get back into writing this story. But there's more to come. Enjoy some mushy stuff while you wait.

EPOV

The night ended to soon, after we fell asleep holding each other, we woke up to Bella's alarm. She had mentioned staying home for the day and just being together, but after everything we've been through in these past few days, I didn't want to risk getting grounded and having to stay away from her.

We went to school together, the majority of the student body were blissfully unaware that Bella and I had ever broken up.

The foursome we spend all our time with, however, knew about it. What they didn't know about was Bella finding out the truth, and us getting back together. So, the first half of my day was pretty rough. Bella straightened everyone out at lunch, something I was grateful for.

They apologized and I insisted there was no need, they were just concerned about their friend. Bella had squeezed my hand under the table, and smirked at me when I glanced at her.

When the day ended, we decided to go back to my place. I was a little concerned that having witnessed my meltdown that my mom would be less than inviting to Bella.

When we walked in, she was the total opposite.

"Bella!" my mom said, her tone relieved as she walked up and wrapped her arms around her.

"Hi, Esme." Bella said quietly.

"I was hoping you two would work out whatever was going on between you."

"Mom." I said in a warning tone. Bella seemed flustered.

"I'm glad we could." her voice was shaky and she clutched my hand.

"We're going to go upstairs." I said. My mother nodded, quickly inviting Bella to stay for dinner. She hesitantly agreed, and we headed upstairs.

Once we were in my room with the door closed, Bella turned to me. "I just walked right in the lions den."

I laughed. "What?"

"I broke up with you, they must know that."

I hesitated before nodding.

"Oh, no!" she threw her hands over her face. "What did they say?"

"I didn't talk to dad about it, so I don't know. Mom? she never really had a chance to say much." I paused for a moment before explaining the state my mom had found me in.

Her face went from horrified, to guilty. She walked up to me, placing her hands on my face. "I'm so sorry."

"I forgive you." I leaned in and pressed my forehead to hers. I knew it wouldn't do me any good to tell her not to apologize. So, I accepted it.

"I don't deserve you."

I gripped her hips tightly and pulled her against my body, out of frustration more than anything else. "do you remember what I told you last night about when you talk about yourself like that?"

"You're right." She sighed.

"And?" I pressed on.

She mumbled something under her breath.

"What was that?" I asked, smirking.

"And I deserve you." her cheeks were crimson, and I couldn't help but grin. She seemed to think for a minute before she smiled back at me. Something put her in a better mood, and I was thankful..  For the moment.