Chapter 3

Bella's POV

The day passed by fairly quickly today, the incident of almost being late this morning was pretty much forgotten. I was walking through the hallway, on my way to lunch while messaging my admirer on my phone. Of course, I'm clumsy when I'm paying attention, so when I collided with someone in the middle of the hallway, it really shouldn't have come as much of a surprise.

My phone fell out of my hand on contact, landing on the screen, and I gasped, Edward leaned down to pick up my phone before I could process what was happening, and when he stood up again, I seen an unrecognizable emotion quickly flash through his eyes before he covered it up quickly with his seemingly usual, and beautiful, crooked smile. Was he angry I'd run into him? He passed my phone back, and I quickly looked at the screen. Sighing in relief that it was locked.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going," I told him, shaking my head once. "This isn't like me i pro-"

"Its okay." he told me, shaking his head and looking away.

"Yeah, bu-"

"It's fine," he looked back over and smiled at me to show me it was fine. But his eyes didn't meet mine, and he turned and left me standing there.. He damn near burnt a hole in the floor with how fast he was going.

I laughed once to myself, with no humour. Great. Now I'm a repellant. Shaking my head, I pushed on, coming to the cafeteria in a moment, and realising I'm only a few minutes late, my eyes scan over the student body, before I found Emmett, his arms flailing above his head as he flagged me down, to the table he shared with his girlfriend and my friend, Rosalie, my best friend Alice, a and her boyfriend, Jasper. Making my way back to them, I sat at my seat between the boys.

"So, did you think about it?" Rosalie quipped, leaning forward and cupping her chin.

"Did I think about wha-" I paused, as it dawned on me what she was talking about "oh, I don't know."

"Bella, a party is just what you need," Alice said to me, batting her childlike eyes.

"I think it could be fun." Emmett added, a sly grin crossing his face as he and jasper exchanged looks. I shuttered at the thought of what they might be thinking.

I felt someone staring, and I looked up, across the cafeteria to the new kid as he stared looking dumbfounded. When he realised he had been caught, he turned around and began to talk to the cheerleader that had him cornered.

"There's something about him.." I trailed off, and the four followed my gaze.

"The new kid?" Rose asked, looking back to me "he was in my calculus class, I spoke to him he seemed really sweet."

"Yeah, seemed pretty cool to me, to." jasper added, shrugging.

"Invite him to the party, then you can get to know him." Alice murmured, crossing her arms and sitting back like she's a genius.

I shook my head, glancing down and biting my lip.

"Come on, Bella." Emmett cooed playfully.

I let out a sigh, shutting my eyes and releasing my lip from between my teeth.

"Fine."