Chapter 12

After a long lecture about responsibilities from my father, I ducked out gracefully to go to bed. Mostly because I was waiting for a call, I rushed up over the stairs, and into the bathroom, turning on the warm water and quickly washing my face, removing all the makeup Alice had previously applied. Once I was finished, I patted my face dry and pulled my hair back into a ponytail, brushed my teeth, and then shut the water off. After putting everything away, I left the bathroom and headed towards my bedroom, where I unzipped the dress and wiggled out of it, resting it on the back of my rocking chair, dressing quickly in my flannel pyjamas.

I curled up on my bed, on top of the covers, and held my pillow tightly to my chest, I was conflicted with emotions, I was happy, of course, Edward made me happy, from the day I first met him online, to right now. And now he was my boyfriend. Boyfriend. I had a boyfriend. And he was actually an amazing guy.

But that's where my heart sunk. My first boyfriend, this is one of those times a girl definitely needs her mom. I sighed sadly and glanced up at the photo on my nightstand, of her and I, when I was only four. I wonder what she would think of him.. I bet she would have liked him. My mom liked everybody, but I bet she would love him.

My phone rang, snapping me out of my train of thought, I glanced down at my cell phone as Edwards number before I answered it, lifting it to my ear.

"Hello?" I breathed into the phone.

"Bella?" He asked, seeming worried. "Why are you crying?"

"I hadn't realized I was," I answered truthfully, sniffling and wiping a tear from my eye.

"Did I do something?" He asked cautiously.

"No," I was quick to assure him, "I was just thinking about my mom,"

"Oh, Bella I'm sorry," he told me, having known she passed on from a conversation we had a few months back.

"Don't be, I'm glad you called, I already feel better." I stated.

"Oh really?" He asked, teasingly smug.

"Yeah."

"I thought you didn't like talking on the phone?" He taunted in a soft voice, causing me to bite my lip.

"I could definitely make an exception." I answered, a grin growing on my face.

"Good, cause I like talking to you." He told me, causing me to laugh. "Can you get your computer?"

"Mhm," I replied cautiously, crawling out of bed and grabbing my computer off the desk, carrying it back to the bed with me, "why?" I asked as I sat cross legged on the bed, placing it in my lap.

"Log into facebook." He told me.

"Okay" I replied, booting my computer up quickly and opening the web browser, typing in Facebook quickly and logging into it just so fast.

I noticed immediately that I had a friend request and opened it up to see Edwards name. I accepted immediately.

"I just made a new friend!" I said, grinning. I heard him laugh.

"Me too, funny thing isn't it?" He told me, I clicked over to his page, and my heart sped up in overtime as I seen the photo of us, taken earlier, as his profile picture.

"Who is that with you in your profile picture?" I said, hiding my excitement in a teasing manner.

"My beautiful girlfriend, you should meet her." He chuckled.

I pressed my lips tightly together, a smile spreading across my face.

"Some people would say it's to soon, I don't think so." He went on to say. I clicked on the photo and seen he had the description set as a heart eyed emoji and a red heart.