Chapter 5

Bella's POV ~

Everything was dark, so dark, I was trying so hard to piece together what had happened. I was in biology. I was paired up with Edward.

Edward. Edward. Oh. My stomach twisted as the memory of what happened flashed in my head. The phones were next to each other. I messaged him.. Him. He is Edward? Edward is him? How? Edward is a stranger.

I was thinking of him. His bronze hair, his green eyes, his handsome face. He's dreamy. The guy I always imagined that I was speaking to was a nerd, good looking in the misunderstood way. Edward was.. Wow.

It made me sick to my stomach to think about this. I'm me. Plain old me. What he and I had was so good. Edward would never want someone like me. No one like me.

The darkness started to fade as I came back into consciousness, the black behind my eyelids turning to a dark blue as I tried to conjure up the energy to open my eyes. I could hear a faint hum coming from above me. The air was stale. I didn't have to open my eyes to know where I was. I was in the hospital. My mind started to wander, searching for whatever I may have done to myself. Trying to pinpoint the pain.

My forehead. It stung and it was itchy. Itchy? No. Stitches? My hand flew to the source and landed on a bandage.

"You shouldn't do that, sweetheart." I heard a male voice say from the door. My eyes flew open, and I looked up to see a doctor. His hair was blonde and fell down into his eyes, which was a shade of green I remembered seeing somewhere before.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he said to me. "I'm new to this hospital so I wanted to come check on some of the patients and introduce myself, I'm Doctor Cullen, but you can call me Carlisle."

I realized where I had seen his eyes before. His son.

"Its nice to meet you," I offered, my voice hoarse.

"There is a motive behind me coming to see you, though." he told me. My stomach twisted and I but down on my lip. "My son, he wanted to know how you were, he wanted to come see you himself but he was nervous you didn't want to see him."

He walked over to the side of my bed and picked up a pitcher of water that had been left there, pouring me up a glass and passing it to me. I began to drink immediately, thankful for the relief. When I finished, I looked up and met his stare.

"Edward, uhm," I paused, looking down, "I would like to see him, eventually, not right now."

"I understand, I'm sure he will to." he offered me a small smile. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get you released from this place, Hm?"

"I'd like that." I told him. He nodded and headed out, I watched him leave, when he opened the door to go, and I looked passed him to see him standing there, watching me. I looked away, crossing my arms over my stomach. I couldn't see Edward right now. I can't. I just can't.

// A/N two chapters in a day. Might make it three but no promises you guys. Haha.