Chapter 23

Bella's POV.

Maybe camping wasn't going to be so bad after all. I watched as Edward left with Emmett, a grin on my face at Edwards obvious attitude. Once I couldn't see them anymore, I got out of the tent and zipped it up so no bugs could get inside. I really hated bugs.

I made my way across the large field, going to the tent that had the legs sticking out of the door. I quickly recognized them as Alice's legs. I rounded near the tent and peeked inside, being met by the gaze of my two best girl friends.

"Hey Bella." Alice greeted moving aside and patting a spot beside her. "Come join us."

I was quick to oblige, I didn't really want to be alone. These past few days I've been nothing but fearful of being alone, which is weird cause I've always been independent.

"Emmett steal Edward?" Alice asked.

"Yes." I sighed dramatically.

"He stole Jasper to." She told me. "Said something about preventing us from freezing to death, I said, what if we freeze to death while our guys are gone? It'll be their fault for not being here to hold us."

I rolled my eyes at the same time Rosalie snorted.

"I'm going to have to side with Emmett, though." Rosalie said, smirking.

"Me too." I added in, teasing Alice. "It's so warm today, but I would definitely have to say that tonight will probably be much to cold to be warmed up by a set of arms, no matter whose they are and how big."

"Plus," I continued, "what's good about camping with no scary stories around the fire?"

"However there are other ways they could warm us up.." Rosalie teased suggestively, causing my face to heat up.

"I'm so glad we put our tent far from yours, I so don't want to hear that." I said, smirking.

"Come on, Bella." Alice sighed, "you're not a virgin anymore, which means you can join in when we talk about sex and not cower away."

"I've never done it before," I pointed out.

"Well, we can get you started!"

"No!" I said, a little to loudly, scrambling to get out of the tent, but of course, me being as clumsy as I am, wound up tripping on a sleeping bag and falling onto my stomach, catching myself with my hands halfway out of the tent. I seen someone's boots in front of my face and glanced up into the face of a grinning Jasper.

"Clutz." He mumbled, receiving a punch in the arm from behind him.

"Leave her alone." I heard Edwards voice, coming around Jasper. He kneeled down in front of me, amusement dancing in his eyes despite his chastising. "You okay, baby?"

"What are you doing back so soon?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"We only went to get wood, Bella." He murmured, looking even more amused, "we're surrounded by wood.. we didn't have to go far."

I blushed softly, feeling stupid.

"What about the fire pit?" I questioned. "What are we going to use?"

"Got it covered." Emmett called, hauling one of his large bags away from the tent before going to the centre of the clearing, hauling out what appeared to be a store bought pit.

"Forks boys.. don't know a thing about roughing it." I heard Edward mumble, I think to himself mostly, as he eyed what Emmett was doing.

Finally, I moved to stand up, brushing the dirt off my knees as Edward watched with a large grin on his face and an unrecognizable emotion in his eye.