Chapter 7.

Knock, knock, knock, I heard the thumping on my door, startling me awake. I rolled over, groaning softly, I felt so groggy. When my eyes opened I was blinded by the light coming in through the shades, and I rolled over, covering my head with my blankets.

"Up and at em, Bella!" i heard my dad call from the hallway, causing me to sigh.

"Why?" I groaned, shaking my head slightly, as if he could see.

"Dr. Cullen is coming to check up on you." he said.

"What? Why?" I demanded, shooting up and feeling dizzy as I did.

"He said you hit yourself pretty hard, the condition for letting you out of the hospital so early was so that he could come check up on you." he explained and I groaned again. "Plus, dinner is ready."

I rolled out of bed and balanced on my feet before stumbling towards my door. I pulled it open to come face to face with him, while staying tucked behind the door so he couldn't see anything but my face.

"You cooked?" I muttered, narrowing my eyes.

"Now, Bella, my daughter already had one near death experience today, don't need another." he muttered jokingly and turned to walk downstairs. "Pizza."

I sighed and shut the door, turning back and going to my dresser, to find something to pull on.

--

I hate mushrooms. So much. I picked them off one at a time and dropped them back on the plastic plate I've been eating off. Charlie was picking off his bacon. My father is strange.

"So how are you feeling now?" he asked after a period of silence.

"Tired, mostly." I responded, staring down at the triangle slice in my hands "overwhelmed, a little bit stressed out."

"Did you want to watch a movie tonight?" he offered, "you can pick, whatever you want. It'll take your mind off some stuff."

I shifted my gaze to look at his face and took a deep breath. I don't remember the last time he and I did something together. But it did sound kind of nice.

"Okay, dad," I murmured thoughtfully. "And I'm good watching anything as long as there's no romance."

With a nod he sat back and grabbed the remote, clicking the menu button and beginning a search through the tv guide.

At the end, we ended up settling for "In time" which was an okay movie, the idea was unique, I'd never seen it before, but honestly I'm much more a fan of horror than action.

However, I sat watching intently, enjoying the quality time with my father, occasionaly exchanging joking whispers about the film back and forth. And for about 40 minutes, my mind was free of Edward and oomphchat, for a little while, i was just a girl spending time with her father.

Ding dong. I turned my head at the sound of the doorbell, my heart jumping up in my throat as i imagined Edward came with his father, as an excuse to see me.

My heart pounded so hard in my chest i felt it in my throat, as my dad got up to go let them in. I moved up on my knees, straining to hear the conversation as the door opens.

"Hello, cheif swan" I heard doctor cullen say,

"Dr. Cullen, please, call me charlie." my dad responded.

"Okay, Charlie, and call me Carlisle." i clicked my teeth together as i began to relax, no speak of Edward came up, so i could only assume he wasn't here.

My father and the doctor rounded the corner to the living room, and my heart sunk in my chest. Of course he wasn't here. Why would he want to see me? Of course i know now, I was hoping he had come..

"Hello, Bella." Carlisle offered me a smile.

"Doctor Cullen, hey," i responed.

"Just came to check up on you, how is my favorite patient doing?" he asked as he placed his bag on the table.

"Oh, I bet you say that to all your patients," I laughed softly, "but good, normal."

"Yes, but i mean it when i say it to you." he laughed softly as he opened up his bag, "honestly this is just a routine check up, but you should be back in shape for school come tomorrow."