Chapter 4

Bella's POV. ~

I sat down at my usual seat in biology, lifting my bag onto the table, I opened it, pulling my books for this class out one by one.

Mr. Mason came into the classroom, as punctual as ever, he made his way to his desk before calling out "we will not need anything except a pencil today."

I let out a sigh, and began gathering my books up again, slipping them back into my bag and placing it on the floor.

"We'll be doing a worksheet today," he went on to say, "you can pair up."

Alice and I made eye contact from across the room, but Mr Mason spoke up before we got to excited.

"You're only to pair with the person at your lab table, no moving around the class."

I frowned at this, and raised my hand until I was called on.

"That seems unfair to me." I told him "I'm the only person at my table"

"Sorry I'm late," a voice sounded from the door, I turned to see it was none other than the new kid. Edward.

"Edward, you're with Bella, and that will be your assigned seat for the remainder of the school year." Mr Mason said, gesturing to where I was.

Edward froze when he looked at me, but quickly recovered and came back to where I was sitting. For the first while, we listened to our instructions and then we received our papers, the rest of the class sparked with conversation, and we stayed silent, staring at our work.

It was at least ten minutes before he sighed and turned to me, "sorry, I'm awkward."

"Hi, awkward, I'm Bella." I said then paused, cringing as he laughed at me. "Yeah, I just made a dad joke, deal."

"No, I thought it was cute." he told me, smirking down at me. "So tell me something"

"What would you like to know?" I asked, looking away from his stare.

"Everything." he told me. "Uhm, do you have a boyfriend?"

I paused. This is getting weird. Is he flirting? What do I say? The truth? He'll think I'm crazy.

"That depends." I told him.

"On?" he pressed.

"Well, I would love to say yes, as there is someone. But I can't."I explained.

"You can't? Why?" he asked.

"I've never actually met him." I told him, "we met online, I don't even know his name."

His breath audibly caught in his throat as he watched me. "Where did you meet him?"

"Oomfchat." I went on to say.

"Bella, can you come here for a second?" Alice called once Mr Mason left the room for a moment.

"Excuse me," I said, leaving a dazed boy at our desk, and walked over to see my best friend. "What?"

"Did you ask him yet?" she asked me.

"No, we're talking." I said, glancing back to see him frantically texting on his phone. "But I will. I have to get back."

"Make sure you ask." she said, as i backed away, I got back to the desk to see Edward had laid his phone screen up in the center of the table. And the green notification light on my phone was on. I unlocked it to see a message from him. My guy. I grinned as I opened it, then paused.

"What's your name?" it read.

"Why?" I typed back, and hit sent. Placing my phone down immediately. Next to Edwards. His phone buzzed and lit up, flashing the notification. My screen name from oomphchat popped up, and I sat there frozen. I could feel his eyes on me as all this processed, and I felt myself getting lightheaded.

"You?" he whispered, "it's really you?"

And the last thing I remember is some girl screaming "oh, God, Bella!" before everything went black.