Chapter 11

"So, we didnt last long at that party." Edward said, walking next to me on a path around the lake, the air was cool and crisp, and his breath was visable in the air.

"I'm not one for parties." I admitted, shrugging. "Actually I only agreed to go so that i could go with you."

"Oh?" he said, smiling. "Thats the only reason I wanted to go. To go with you. I dont like parties at all.." he trailed off, and an unrecognizable emotion flashed across his beautiful face. We walked in silence for a few moments, and I enjoyed the sound of his breath beside me and the fall leaves crunching under our feet, I curled my hands tightly inside my pockets as I breathed in the scent of the night air.

We made our way to a big rock on the pond side, and he helped me climb to the top before following behind me and sitting down next to me at the top. He stared off at the water, watching the stillness. He seemed content to watch it. And i was content to watch him.

He turned his head back to me and smiled, reaching down, he took my hand in his, entwining his fingers with mine. I glanced down, pursing my lips before I began speaking.

"So, why don't you like parties?" I didnt have to be looking at him, I felt him tense up beside me nonetheless I lifted my head up to examine his face.

"I'm just not a big drinker," he told me, I could tell he was holding back, but he obviously didn't want to talk about it. "What about you?"

"Oh, I'm just an introverted person, I'm not fond of big crowds, and I don't like alcohol." I said honestly. He chuckled softly and reached out to grasp my hand,running his finger across it.

"Well, I guess we know where our second date is not going to be," he said with a smile, causing me to giggle nervously as I realized there would be a second date.

As I laughed, I felt my face turn red - it wasn't even funny, but he joined in with a chuckle before reaching up to tuck my hair behind my ear, causing me to stop laughing and just look at him, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face but his answering crooked grin was dazzling.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered, so low I almost didn't hear, like he was more talking to himself. His eyes never left mine, and his hand rested at the base of my neck, his thumb tracing my jawline. My cheeks started to heat up, and I moved in closer to him and rested my head against his shoulder, his hands moved, off my neck, and releasing my hand to wrap his arms firmly around me. He trailed his fingers over my arm as we stared out at the water.

His lips pressed against my head, and my mouth began to water slightly with desire - desire to kiss him. I held on though, curling up tighter to him and reaching up to put my hand on his chest. This man was stirring up emotions I've never felt before.. and I loved it. I was so caught up in his scent and my thoughts of him I never noticed when he took one of his hands away, until there was a flash. I blinked and looked up at him as he admired the photo, I narrowed my eyes as I watched him.

"Sorry, I just truly couldn't resist taking a picture, you're to beautiful, I'm to lucky to be here with you," I felt like he was teasing me slightly.

He turned his screen towards me to show me the photo. My fingers were curled around his jacket, my head on his shoulder, my eyes closed and a smile on my lips, - and then there was him, his arm securely around me, his head resting on mine, and that impossibly perfect crooked grin on his face.

I laughed and leaned up to press my lips to his cheek. "That's a keeper," I told him, moving to stand up, making sure that my dress hadn't come up before getting down off the rock.

"I got to get going before I'm late," I told him, smiling. He glanced at the clock on his phone before tilting his head.

"Shoot, me too." He said, coming down with me, wrapping his arm around me as he began to walk me towards the car, it was silent for a while, before he took his arm away and began to speak.

"So, this is embarrassing," he started , causing my heart to all but freeze with a burst of anxiety before speeding up, terrified. "I know that technically, we just met, but we didn't just meet, we've been talking for months, and honestly I've never done this before, but everything about you seems so right for me."

My eyebrow arched , I was hanging on to every word.

"So, I want to try this, like, really try this, and I don't want to rush you, and I know we need to date and get to know each other more, but I feel like I know so much, and I wanted to know if you wanted to do all this.. as my girlfriend?"

I burst out laughing, and immediately felt horrible as his face sunk.

"Oh, no no, that's not what I meant," I said between chuckles as I moved close to him, reaching up and pressing my hands to his face, I calmed down, "I laughed, because I'm relieved, I really thought you were backing out on me then.. but yes, i would love to do all of this, as your girlfriend."

His smile was breathtaking, and his arm was back around my shoulders as we walked the rest of the way to his car, where he opened the door for me.

***

It was about twenty minutes after that we pulled up in front of my house, the lights in the kitchen and living room were still on, meaning Charlie is up waiting for me. The car door opened, and Edward offered me his hand, I blinked as I tried to process how he got to my door so fast, then I realized it was probably because I was lost in thought.

I placed my hand in his and got out of the car, standing still as he closed my door for me, he then looked at me and smiled, I opened my mouth to say goodbye, figuring he would just get back in the car and go, but he curled his fingers through mine and nodded towards the door.

"Come on," he said softly as I watched him in awe. He's walking me to the door? What the hell? Que freaking swoon.

Once we reached the door, we turned to face each other, his hand still holding mine, lifted to his lips to press a gentle kiss to my knuckles.

"I had an amazing time, tonight, Bella." He told me, smiling.

"Me too," I said truthfully, tilting my head as I grinned.

"Would you mind if I kissed you?" He wondered cautiously, which caused me to blush, feeling like a middle schooler.

"I might be bad at it," I warned, "I've never done it before."

"I don't think that could be possible," he whispered as he leaned in, his lips so close, I could feel his breath on mine. He reached his hand up to cup my cheek, but right before our lips met, the porch lights began to flicker, signaling my dad was watching us.

I sighed frustrated and dropped my head on Edwards shoulder, while he chuckled in my ear.

"I'll call you when I get home," he whispered, giving me a hug. "Later, Bella." He kissed my forehead and turned around to walk away.

"Later... boyfriend." I whispered the last word as he climbed in his car, tasting the word, testing how it felt coming off my lips as he waved goodbye to me and started down the road, I watched until the car turned the corner to go inside the house.

Interrogation time I suppose.