Chapter 42

Bella's POV

The next few days Edward and I fell into a pretty comfortable routine. He would come to the room with me every day and collapse on the bed, we would watch movies and talk, he was helping me in getting to know him all over again.

I learned that he was funny, and very charming. He had this stupid, adorable crooked grin that was my absolute favorite. He was very attentive, and would rub my scalp whenever I got bad migraines just like he did the very first night.

Charlie would visit me as often as he could as well, he would sit with me for an hour every day and ask me how everything was going. I was thankful no one was trying to get into my head and force me to remember anything, I was trying hard enough on my own. I hadn't remembered anything except for that first night, but I replayed it in my head often. I wondered what we had been talking about.

Reading the old messages between Edward and me, as well as the ones between me and my friends helped me a great deal. It was helping me come to terms with a lot and understand the depth of my feelings for him.

Carlisle gave me the okay to travel about the house on my own today. Which means I could explore further than the dining room. I had still been on bed rest, as Carlisle had been worried about my head injury. Even more so when Edward told him about my migraines.

Those said migraines were starting to decrease, I was getting them less and less and when I was getting them they weren't as bad. I could handle the pain, mostly on my own. And even still, Edward would sit down next to me and massage my head. I didn't need pain medication so long as I had him. The only times I took anything after the first night was when Edward wasn't home.

Once Carlisle gave me the okay to get up and walk around, he left. I got up and went to the dresser that held my clothes. I got freshened up in the bathroom and braided my hair to the side so it fell down my shoulder. I got dressed in a pair of blue shorts and a white tee, before beginning my trek out of the room.

I wandered downstairs, and as nervous as I felt doing so, I walked to the kitchen to pour myself a drink. The Cullen's had been nothing short of incredible to me, and truly I had no reason to be so nervous, but I still felt it. I walked around some more, observing all of the beautiful art that adorned their walls.

I knew the Cullen's were well off, that's one something their home had given away immediately. The art, however, was incredible, and I knew some pieces must have been what I would make in a month at the diner. It made me feel wholly inadequate.

Why did Edward even really like me? He was the best looking guy I had ever laid eyes on, and had the whole world at his feet. I remember growing up, struggling. Even though my father had a stable job as a deputy, the flow of income we had was barely enough to cover our bills. I remember on numerous occasions wondering where our next meal was coming from. Dad always figured it out. He was a provider. He made things happen.

Like, when I was being teased because I was the only one in second grade that didn't have some stupid brand name sweater. He saved his money to be able to go and get me this light pink sweater. By then, it was out of style, but I didn't care. It meant the world to me that my daddy would do that for me. I wore it with pride. When my father got promoted to chief, his income increased and we stopped worrying as much about money. The panic was still there though.. neither of us wanted to go back to that.

I look around and imagine how good Edward must have had it, he would have been spoiled, and yet he doesn't act like it. I continue my journey up the stairs and bypassed Edwards room, or my room, that I had been staying in.

I was intending to go back inside but what I heard caused me to keep moving. My body gravitated towards it. There was a room at the end of the hallway, and the door was opened just a crack. Music flowed out of the room, and I peeked in to see Edwards back to me, his fingers dancing across the keys of the grand piano while he sang.