Chapter 22

Edwards POV -

I ran the towel through my hair quickly, trying to dry it as fast as I could. The shower I had with Bella was wonderful, and while I dreaded it ending, she reminded me that we soon have to get ready to go meet everyone. I was quickly excited once I had that reminder. I couldn't wait to go camping, it was going to be exceptionally better having Bella with me, though.

I heard the door open behind me followed by Bella's light footsteps into my room. She was wearing black sweatpants and a blue t-shirt that said "friends of beaches." I arched my eyebrow in question and pointed at it.

She looked down and grabbed her shirt between her fingers, pulling it out as if she needed a reminder of what she was wearing.

"When I was in grade 6 these people from this program came to our school, they brought us down to the beach at La Push and we each got a bag to clean, we picked up trash for hours, only stopping when they fed us a lunch of hot dogs and soda," she laughed softly at the memory and came to stand in front of me, placing her hands on my chest, I responded by wrapping my arms around her hips. "At the end of the day, they gave us each one of these shirts. It was so soft when they gave it to us it became my favourite lazy day shirt, now it's worn out, but it's still a favourite. I'm glad for the reminder of that day."

"It was a good day?" I teased softly, but I loved to listen to her tell me stories of her life.

"One of my favourites." She replied, shrugging. "It was hot, and it was smelly, and exhausting and boring, but I was so proud to tell my parents of the good I had done. I was so happy I could help, I was just upset I couldn't do more."

"Mm," I murmured, a grin on my face as I leaned down to kiss the lips of my perfect girl. So beautiful. So thoughtful. "You're amazing."

She snorted and pushed me away, causing me to laugh. I turned back to the mirror and attempted to fix my hair, but as always, it was untameable.

I heard Bella zip up her bag before coming to stand next to me. She didn't look my way as she pulled her hair up into a ponytail, singing softly under her breath. I strained to make out the words, but I couldn't quite hear them. My phone rang, causing me to jump slightly.

I turned and picked it up, seeing Emmett's name on my screen. I hit the answer button, and brought it to my ear.

"Hello, Emmett." I greeted, placing my hand on Bella's lower back as I maneuvered around her, moving to my bag and zipping it up.

"What's taking you guys so long?" He whined like a child, "you doing the nasty?"

"No, Emmett, we're not doing the nasty, we're getting ready to leave." I sighed, a soft smirk on my face as Bella giggled at my response.

"Well, you should really get a move on, we need to set up camp and everything." He reminded me.

"Yes, our sleeping bags and tent are already tucked inside my car, and our bags are ready, we will meet you in 20 minutes, okay?"

"You'd better be there or Jazz and I are going to kick your ass." He threatened. I rolled my eyes and hung up, looking to Bella.

"What do you have in terms of a coat?" I asked.

"My summers jacket." She replied, shrugging. I rolled my eyes again, bringing my hand to my forehead as I turned around, walking to my closet, I went inside and got my thick black pullover sweater along with my light green thin sweater. Both for Bella, as i had already packed mine.

Then, we started moving. We loaded up the rest of our stuff in the back of the car, and we got in the car, starting it up before driving down the driveway.

*

It took us only a few minutes of driving to get to the meeting spot, and another 20 minutes to walk through to the clearing we were setting up camp. I carried all the heavy things belonged to me and Bella, only allowing her to carry her sweaters and the small cooler, needless to say, she wasn't pleased with me.

Once we got there we each spread out to opposite sides of the large field, far enough away that you'd have to scream at the top of your lungs for anyone else to hear you. I was glad for that, something told me I would have regretted being closer to the other couples. Perhaps maybe I can make Bella... No. Be good, Edward. My pants tightened, knowing what direction my thoughts were taking.

I shook my head slightly, and Bella arched her eyebrow in question, I could just offer her a smirk before moving to my knees to begin hooking the poles for the tent together.

She insisted she helped with the tent, and I have to say, she made it quite fun. It's funny how Bella could make the dullest tasks better. Once we were done setting it up we moved inside, unzipping our sleeping bags and making it into a kind of bed for us to share, I was glad we brought a couple blankets besides, we made it up into the best makeshift bed we could, and were quite pleased with the results.

We sat for a while, after bringing our bags in and placing them against the side of the tent, next to our bags. Once we were settled, we chatted quietly, as we waited for everyone else to be done.

Her lips were just so captivating. I couldn't help myself from placing a gentle kiss on her lips, once, twice, again. Until it was a full blown out makeout. I nudged her back on to her back and slipped my tongue in her mouth, her legs parted as I found a position between them.

"You know what they say about sex while camping," I heard Emmett's voice boom from the door of the tent, as he stared in at us, causing me to jump back off Bella. "It's in-tents." He busted out laughing, and I felt a fit of annoyance and anger form within me. Bella giggled softly underneath me and moved up.

"What do you want Emmett?" I questioned, holding it together the best I could.

"Jazz and I need your help getting the fire pit ready, let's move."

I sighed, reluctantly moving out of the tent, and following behind him. Bella and I would have our moment, mark my words. I was also going to get Emmett back for interrupting. He's lucky I don't shoot him.

A/N, this is really just a filler to gap the bridge from now and what's to come. Be patient with me 💖