Chapter 14

"Come here," He whispered, his fingers curling around my hips as he pulled my body against his in my small bed, burying his face in the crook of my neck, his fingers began tracing up my side, along my back, it tickled in the most pleasant of ways, causing goosebumps to grow over my body. The warmth of his breath on my neck and the indescribable feeling of his fingertips tracing my back caused feelings I never felt before - I wanted his lips on mine in that moment.

As though he read my mind, he pulled back, and I brought my hand up to curl my fingers in his hair.

"Kiss me, please," I whispered, licking over my lips, "please, Edward, I want you to kiss me."

"Oh, Bella.." he drawled, a smile spreading across his lips as he leaned in, his lips hovering over mine, "why would you think I'd want to kiss you?"

He pulled back harshly, causing me to fall back slightly in surprise.

"What?" I asked, confused. He was standing next to the bed now, grinning, he leaned in to face me, placing his hands on his legs, his eyes were cold.

"I don't want you, Bella." He told me, causing my heart to break, tears immediately began pouring down my cheeks, "I'll never want you."

"But you said -" I began, quickly getting cut off.

"I lied." Realization sunk in, but I wasn't surprised. "You disgust me." He laughed, a cold, heartless sounding laugh. And I began to sob.

"Please," I whispered, realizing just how pathetic I was. 

*

I woke up with a small gasp, my cheeks were wet - so was my pillow. Remembering my dream, I knew why. I quickly sat up, wiping the tears off my cheeks using the back of my hands, and taking a shaky, steadying breath before reaching out to grab my phone.

"Morning beautiful" a text read across my screen, from just moments ago, I sighed, biting my lip and closing my eyes.

I was relieved to have the reassurance as I woke up, as not to worry all day my dream was true, though I knew I would still be wondering..

"Morning" I messaged back.

My phone rang just moments later.

"You're up early." His voice sounded as soon as I picked up.

"Eh," I said simply, "it's only 15 minutes before my alarm is supposed to go off."

"Oh? What are your plans for today?" He asked. 

"Work," I replied, smiling . "Got to get the money."

"Interesting." He said, as though he had an idea.

"How so?" I questioned, biting my lip.

"Oh, never mind." He said, "hey, my dad just got downstairs, I got to run, talk later?"

"Definitely." I told him, "later." I hung up the phone, and put it down on my bed, before I jumped out and headed to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

45 minutes later and I was ready, freshly showered, ponytail, black tee, and blue skinny jeans, paired with my black converse. I didn't bother with makeup, as I usually didn't.

I was in the truck within the next fifteen minutes, a granola bar in my hand and a coke in the cup holder. I need caffeine, I just don't like coffee.