three

i wake up with my body entangled with adrian's. suddenly, i remember last night and my panic eases. we didn't do anything except dirty danced. i shuffle around the bed and adrian moves beside me.

i try to pry myself from his grip, trying not to wake him up. once i've managed that difficult task, i head into the bathroom, grabbing a sports bra and zip up hoodie on the way.

i quickly change and brush my teeth before heading into the kitchen to whip up some breakfast for me and adrian. i've only known this boy for not even a day and i sound like a girlfriend.

when i appear in the kitchen, jack is sitting in the the spot he sat in yesterday, except this time, he looks up and notices me.

"i didn't know you were home." he says. "i didn't see your shoes."

at least he gave me my privacy and didn't try to barge into my bedroom during the middle of the night.

i shrug my shoulders, "i brought them into my room."

he eyebrows pull together, but he stays silent. i pull out some fruit from the fridge as well as the frozen waffles from the freezer. i make two for me and two for adrian. jack turns in his chair to face me.

"why are you eating so much, fatass." he jokes, his lips lifting into a subtle smile.

i ignore him and pull out two plates, washing and chopping up the fruit, setting it on one side. once i'm done with that and still waiting for the waffles, i grab two plastic bottles filled with orange juice.

"are you making me some?" jack questions from behind me.

his closeness makes me jump from surprise and i shake my head, not wanting to turn around because i'm afraid that his face will be so close to mine.

"... no, make your own breakfast."

before he can respond, adrian is strutting out of the bedroom. that catches my attention immediately and i smile over at him. jack blinks, processing what is in front of him.

"hey, adrian." i greet him as he pulls a t-shirt over his head.

he gives me an award winning smile, "hello, nova." he coos.

jack's eyes narrow as he absorbs what's in front of him. adrian hovers over me, causing jack to slowly step away. adrian casually hangs an arm around me, watching the toaster like i am.

"adrian, this is my roommate jack. jack, this is adrian." i say, trying to break the awkward barrier.

jack thins his lips together, "adrian?"

"we met at the party last night." i blurt, suddenly realizing how bad that sounded. "sorry, that made me sound a little eh."

"last night? you brought home a guy you met just last night?" jack emphasizes, acting like i committed a terrible crime.

i shrug and bite my bottom lip, "don't tell me you didn't have a girl over afterward."

"i am going to tell you it because i did not bring a girl over." he sternly assures me.

during the time that jack and i are having a stare down, adrian grabs his phone and his shoes from inside of my room. as adrian is about to set his things down, jack is already trying to push the poor guy out of the door.

"thanks for staying at hotel gilinsky." he rushes before shutting the door and locking it.

my mouth drops open, "jack, what the fuck!" i shout, going after adrian.

jack stops me by grabbing onto my shoulders and pushing me against the counter. my eyes widen at his abrupt and nonchalant movements. these actions are totally uncalled for.

"this is my apartment too. i live here too." he tells me like i don't already know.

i roll my eyes, "i'm well aware-"

"you can't have any guys over unless i say so." he emphasizes. "especially not one night stands."

"he was not a one night stand." i spit through gritted teeth.

i stare at him completely bewildered and still trapped by the counter and his arms. his gaze is intense and i feel my knees starting to buckle. why is he so intimidating?

"does that mean you can't have any girls over unless i say so?" i try to negotiate. "it'd only be reasonable."

he lets out a contagious laugh, "that's funny. you're funny, nova."

"that really isn't fair. you making rules around here. i should have just as much freedom as you do."

"zip this the fuck up." he growls, tugging at the zipper on my hoodie and completely ignoring what i just said.

he releases me from his little trap and i groan, realizing that the waffles are probably cold now.

"here, take a plate." i snap, sliding it over to jack.

his face remains impassive and he doesn't thank me. he just proceeds on to eat the food i've prepared. i pick at the fruit, only eating the strawberries.

"you're so god damn picky." jack speaks up, grabbing the rest of the fruits off of my plate with his fork.

i stare at the table. i didn't even get adrian's number, but things went super well. maybe he'll come around since he knows where i live? or maybe not because of what jack did. god, that was so rude.

suddenly, there are three rapid knocks on the door, making my hope rise. maybe it's adrian again. eager, i rush to open the door. to my surprise, it's cara and some other girl.

"where did you go last night?!" she questions right away.

"i came back home." i answer.

"ooo, with a boy perhaps?" she wiggles her eyebrows, inviting herself in as well as the girl. "nova, this is my friend amber. amber, nova."

two introductions so far today and i haven't even been awake that long. i give her a small wave. she looks nice.

"is that your roommate?" cara whispers into my ear as jack stares at all of us in confusion.

i nod, "yeah, his name is jack."

a smirk makes its way onto his face as he introduces himself to the two girls.

"hey, ladies. i'm jack." he says, trying to sound all smooth.

amber pounces forward a little, making me raise an eyebrow, "i'm amber." she ogles, holding a hand out.

jack chuckles, grabbing onto her hand. instead of a handshake, which we all probably suspected, he raises her hand to his lips and kisses the back of it. i cringe in disgust.

"jack, go into your room." i try and shoo him off, but as always, he has to get on my last nerve.

"care to join me, amber?" he flirts, causing her to blush.

cara encourages her, making me feel beyond surprised. she follows through and walks into the room with jack. wow, what a way to make a good first impression.

"okay, i'm leaving." i announce, even though i look like absolute shit right now. "i don't want to hear moaning and groaning this early in the morning."

"wait, where are you going?" cara questions, hot on my heels.

"to find that boy that i brought home last night." i reply, referring to adrian.

{vote, comment, share}