seven

i enter my room, slamming the door as hard as i can and i'm surprised when i don't see it break off. after rummaging through my drawers, i change out of my cute, but slutty clothing and opt for gray leggings and a gray zipper hoodie.

i stomp my way into the bathroom like a child, because that's what every thinks i still am. i strip out of my clothing and change into the one i just got. i splash my face quickly with cold water before heading back into the room.

i toss my clothing for today in the laundry basket lazily, not even caring that i missed by so much.

"calm down, nova." i murmur to myself, sitting on the edge of my bed, rethinking my life.

wow, now i'm talking to myself. i'm going crazy already. there are soft knocks on my door, catching me off guard and making me want to throw something at the person on the other side of it.

"nova." jack softly calls out. "they left."

maybe if i stay silent, he'll leave. i play with the zipper on my gray hoodie and sit on my bed, staring at the floor. the sound of knocking continues and the doorknob jiggles and then twists open. my head lifts up instantly.

"get out." i tell him.

"no."

i look up at him, grimacing, "no? did you just tell me no? who do you think you are?"

"i just want to talk to you." he says with finality and slowly proceeds to approach me.

"and i don't want to talk to you." i mutter, zipping up my sweater fully.

what's most surprising is that i'm not even crying anymore. i've gotten over my initial sadness and shock, and now i'm just angry with an impassive face. i feel like i'm going to explode.

"so you can leave." i add.

"you can't bottle everything up. you're going to explode." he says.

i already did explode just a few minutes ago. plus, he's saying these things to me like he's been through this before. i doubt it. he acts like he lives this picture perfect life. demanding everyone around, good looking, and rich.

"leave, jack." i repeat with sternness in my voice.

"no. not without a talk, nova. you can't avoid me forever."

"sure i can. watch me."

"i didn't know you actually felt that way about me."

"felt that way about you like what?" i grumble.

"i didn't know that you actually hated me so much." he sighs, clasping his hands together, nervously.

he takes a seat next to me, making my bed sink down a little. i don't need his pity. especially if he's going to be rude tomorrow again.

"if- if i knew that your mom was like that toward you, i wouldn't tease you all of the time." he confesses, continuing on.

"she's usually not like that." i murmur. "and i wouldn't exactly call it teasing."

"your mom seemed very sweet when she came in." jack tells me with sympathy.

god, i hate her so much.

"yeah, she's manipulative."

"are you saying that i'm naive?" he raises an eyebrow.

i purse my lips, "that's exactly what i'm saying.

"way to add insult to injury." he feigns being offended.

he licks his lips and then stares down at my carpeted floor. how did we get into this position without even three weeks of knowing each other? jack and i sit in tense, but comfortable silence for a few minutes. his breathing is all i hear.

"i'm sorry." he apologizes.

that's all i hear before i'm abruptly engulfed into his warm embrace. i freeze up for a second before releasing in his arms. he just hugs me tighter.

"do you forgive me?" he asks and i pull away to look at him.

"i guess." i say, biting the inside of my cheek.

"you like adrian a lot, huh?" he inquires.

i shrug, "yeah, i like him, but i don't know if it'd be something long term and why would i waste my time when i know what i want."

"that's good, i think."

"not really," i huff. "because everyone's so immature."

"not everyone can be prepared for life as well as you." he playfully teases.

"i'm not prepared for life, that's the thing. i'm still learning the ropes."

holy hell, when did this conversation turn into a personal life discussion. i shut my mouth before rambling on even longer. i press my palms down onto my mattress and i can feel jack's eyes on me.

"are you beginning to tolerate me?" jack cuts the silence.

"i don't know. right now is the only time that we've been civil." i say.

i look up at him and he nods his head, looking straight at me. i wish i knew what he was thinking about right now.

"right." he bluntly responds. "how are you feeling?"

"not good, but good." i sigh, laying my back down on the bed.

"how does that work?"

"i'm bored, tired, angry, annoyed-"

"by me?" he interferes.

"no, not you, jack." i sigh.

"are you hungry, babe?" he grins at me, satisfied with my answer and completing changing the subject.

"i just forgave you." i glare at him, referring to the endearment.

"that doesn't give me a right to give you a pet name? not even a nicer one?" he questions and i shake my head, smiling a bit. "then answer me, are you hungry?"

i shake my head once again, "no, i already ate."

he tenses, "oh, right. on your date."

"but if you're hungry, feel free to be all chef." i tell him.

"then join me." he says, holding his hand out for me to take. "i like your company."

"you're going soft." i narrow my eyes at him, taking his hand.

he yanks me up so we're face to face, "am not. i'm just taking your feelings into consideration."

"wow, gee, thanks." i sarcastically cheer.

his right arm swoops down around my waist, pulling me in closer to him. i quietly gasp due to our proximity.

"i'm kidding." he whispers, his minty breath fanning my face.

"but you really are taking my feelings into consideration?" i ask.

he smiles a little, "yes, of course. i'm going to be nicer, but still a pain in the ass."

"bravo, you admitted to something!"

his smile grows wider, "shut up." he tells me before his lips descend down to mine.

my eyes widen from the action, but i find my eyes closing and my lips kissing back with just as much force.

{vote, comment, share}