eight

jack's fingers curl tightly around my hips and his tongue slyly slithers in between my lips. before we can move on further, i pull away, breathing heavily- practically panting for air.

"what the hell was that?!" i whisper yell, still processing and analyzing what just went down and what could've almost went down.

jack blinks once and then twice, "i don't know, but i liked it. a lot."

"this is so bad." i panic, looking around the room. "it's going to make everything bad."

his eyebrows pull together, "damn, i didn't know that i was that bad of a kisser, but i'd like to do that again. over and over until-"

"no, jack. no." i shake my head vigorously.

he grabs my forearms, pulling me closer to him. he tries to look in my eyes, but i'm doing my best to avoid eye contact. out of all things, i kissed my roommate?! that's never a good thing.

"hey, why are you freaking out?" he questions, genuinely puzzled.

"why am i freaking out?!" my eyes widen and he cautiously nods his head. "i was on a date an hour ago and just now, i kissed my roommate." i emphasize.

he frowns, trying to pull me closer to him as if that were possible. i put my hands on jack's chest, trying to gain distance, but it's really no use at all because he isn't budging a single bit.

"don't worry about your date. adrian doesn't seem that good of a guy anyway." jack says, attempting to reassure me.

"you don't know that." i tell him, pointing at his chest. "you didn't go on a date with him and you didn't get to know him."

jack lets out an aggravated sigh and i know that maybe we should just stop what we were doing. the mood is completely ruined now.

"you said you were hungry. go and make something to eat." i order.

a seductive grin grows on his face, "i know what i-"

"no, stop." i cut him off, pressing my index finger to his lips.

oh, the mood swings. he smiles and then pecks it before engulfing me fully into his embrace. he squeezes me, causing it to become harder to breathe. i look up at him and he loosens his grip a little.

"jack-"

i'm instantly stopped when he presses our lips together once again, shutting me up. this time, i just let him and don't stop him. i just hope that after he has his way, he's not going to become a name calling asshole again.

he leaves short and brief kisses along my cheek, jaw, and collarbone. i sling my arms around his neck, bringing him closer to me.

"nova." he interrupts.

"jack." i mock.

he grins, shaking his head, "let's go to the kitchen."

i blink, pulling away from him, "what?"

"i'm going to make food and eat because i'm hungry." he clearly enunciates as if i were deaf.

i narrow my eyes at him, "i hate you." is all i say before leaving my room.

he follows shortly behind, using his leg to forcefully kick my butt. i gasp, turning to face him and he childishly smiles. at least i didn't fall forward and embarrass myself.

"that hurt, you dick!" i shout, walking toward him and slapping his arm in a scolding way.

"aw, i'm sorry, crybaby." he jokingly pouts.

i cross my arms over my chest and huff, walking toward the refrigerator. i take out the plastic container filled with strawberries along with a metal can full of whipped cream. i hop up into the marble counter and watch as jack begins on making his dinner.

"guess what." i speak up, spraying whipped cream onto a clean strawberry.

"what?" jack asks, not turning to face me.

"adrian kisses better than you." i answer informatively.

jack tenses, turning slowly around to face me. he raises an eyebrow at me and i smile whilst eating my strawberries.

"you kissed him?" he hisses, though i can't tell if he's annoyed, angry, or both.

"yeah." i shrug, nonchalantly lying.

"that's cool. i guess." he says and then turns back around to continue on his work.

"it's cool?"

"yeah, it's cool." he mutters under his breath.

okay, that just confirmed everything. maybe jack never was jealous and was just annoyed by adrian's presence. i start to talk to jack, but he seems to be ignoring my every word like an arrogant adolescent.

"hey, look at me when i'm talking to you." i say, trying to spray the whipped cream onto him.

it just blows out air and i realized that it's run out. the air sneers out of the metal can and jack clearly notices because he turns around and quickly grabs the can from me. he forcefully slams it into the trash bin.

"i'm not hungry anymore." he tells me, practically shutting me out.

jack turns off the stove before stomping back into his room. my eyebrows knit together in confusion. i hop off the counter, contemplating whether or not to check up on jack or just head straight into my room.

my ringing phone decides for me and i return back into my room. i check the screen and cara is ringing me. could this day get any worse? plus, it's valentine's day. knowing cara, she should be out with a date or something.

"hello, cara." i murmur.

she replies through the line, "hey. how was your date?" she asks and i can hear her smirk through the phone.

"it was good." i sigh. "why'd you really call?"

she laughs buoyantly, "amber wanted to see if she could come over and hangout with jack. i, myself, was also wondering when i'm going to meet that cute friend of his."

"um," i pause. "i don't think visiting right now would be such a good idea. jack's kind of grumpy."

i can't even assume that. maybe he was annoyed with the hissing air or i made him lose his appetite with my presence. that's making things sound so much worse.

"oh, okay. maybe tomorrow?"

"maybe."

most likely not.

"alright, see you, nova."

"bye, cara." i respond before hanging up the call.

for some odd reason, jealously spurts through my body at the thought of amber and jack being together. it shouldn't because i have no valid reason it be bothered by it. i mean, they've banged once already.

or they could have been playing board games and i just assume the worst in everything.

{vote, comment, share}

BUT ANYWAY JACK AND JACK WAS LIT AND IT'S TRUE JOHNSON NEVER MISSES A BASKET