Goodbye Postcards

'Dear Elena, I realize I haven't written anything in awhile. I guess worrying whether or not your boyfriend is going to come out of a hell stone, takes up your time. Other than Damon, Stefan's bouncing back from his days of being alone in the Phoenix stone, also. But he's worried about DamonAs am I. A lot more than usual.' I wrote down before closing the diary. I looked around the room before over to the side of the bed that was now cold and empty. I shook my head getting out of bed and walking towards the bedroom door, opening it only to see Valerie about to knock from the hallway. "Hey." I stated, raising my eyebrow at her.

"I'm sorry.. I came here to talk to you—I need your help tracking down Julian." Valerie stated and I furrowed my eyebrows at her, crossing my arms over my chest.

"And the reason is-" I started in a harsh tone before she held out a postcard with a red 'x' on it and I looked down at it confused.

"The huntress. The huntress that wields the Phoenix stone and dagger that belongs with it. She's coming. Here." Valerie warned and I furrowed my eyebrows looking back up at her.
~~~

Valerie and I walked into the Grill to see bikers, vampires and heretics all laughing as Julian aimed at an apple with a gun he held, as the apple sat on top of a heretic's head. I furrowed and looked towards the heretic as he closed his eyes in fear. Julian pulled the trigger and it shot the apple off of the heretic's head before everyone cheered loudly in excitement. "Bullseye!!!" Julian yelled happily looking at the heretic who opened his eyes, no longer in distress. "And for your courage—my bold friend, how would you like to make your new home at 224 Harmony Lane? Mr. And Mrs. Leonard here-" Julian started, gesturing towards an old married couple that sat in front of him and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "-have been called back into town here, so that they might invite you in." Julian added looking back at the heretic and smiling mischievously. "Who's next?" Julian added shaking his head at the crowd.

"I'll give it a go." Valerie suggested, walking up from behind him as I stood next to her as Julian turned towards us, narrowing his eyes as the noise of the crowd died down.

"Isn't this cozy? How nice it must feel to be surrounded by degenerate yes-men." I stated, tilting my head at him in amusement.

"Hmm—how safe it must seem." Valerie added and I smirked crossing my arms over my chest at him.

"Valerie, I'm struggling to comprehend you showing your face within two hundred miles from me." Julian stated threateningly towards her.

"Oh don't flatter yourself. I'm only delivering something that was delivered to me by mistake." Valerie reassured, handing him the postcard and I watched as he furrowed his eyebrows down at it before clenching his jaw tightly. "It's a shame someone won't be letting you feel safe for long." Valerie added sighed at him and I did also, tilting my head at Julian. I watched Julian turn towards the bar and light the postcard on fire with a candle that sat there.

"Where did you get this?" Julian asked with fear and anger in his voice.

"There it is. That's the look I've been yearning to see. Why, Julian—dare I say, you seem afraid?" Valerie asked in amusement and turning towards me with a smirk.

"What a shame to think that you just made yourself a home here—Now you have to run." I added scoffing at him and Julian turned away from us angrily. "He's not worth it. Let's go." I nodded, turning and walking towards the door.

"Kyle, if you kill these shrews right now, I'll throw in the Lincoln family Buick." Julian stated in a harsh voice. I rose an eyebrow as I heard footsteps come from behind me and a hand wrap tightly around my shoulder. I heard a slice cut threw the air before the hand on my shoulder dropped. I turned around to see a headless body as blood surrounded it on the floor before I looked across from me and saw a bloody menu, sticking out from the bar.