Caught Up in Your Lies

Happy Thursday. Actually uploaded right this time. ;)

"Is that weird or what?" Kai asked grabbing a bracelet off of one of the tables in the vault and I eyed him carefully. "I mean, I can still touch stuff, I'm not a ghost. More like a psychic imprint. Stuck between dimensions, thanks to hells bell." Kai added putting the bracelet down and turning towards Damon, Ric and I. "One foot on earth, and the other in Cade's nightmare world of hurt. On the run, off the grid. A renegade relying only on his wits." Kai stated bluntly wandering around the vault before he laughed a bit. "A renegade. That's funny." He laughed shaking his head in amusement and I rolled my eyes at him as he turned towards us again. "I can still do magic if I siphon myself but even then, it takes concentration. It's like having cell reception on Mars." Kai stated laughing before Ric grabbed him quickly and pushed him towards the wall holding the dagger, or whatever we're calling it, to Kai's throat.

"You murdered my wife." Ric said angrily through gritted teeth and I smirked at him.

"Ah.. Fiancé. It was mid-ceremony as I remember-" Kai started before Ric dug the knife deeper towards his throats and Kai nodded quickly and I narrowed my eyes at him. "-But yes, yes, yes, huge... huge mistake. I see that now, I do." Kai said as he eyed Ric before he slowly raised his hand behind Ric. "Motus." Kai added and Ric rose his eyebrow at Kai's hand as nothing happened.

"Oh, are you having a hard time concentrating?" Ric asked and Kai let his hand fall in annoyance.

"No." Kai pouted and I rolled my eyes and put a hand on Ric's shoulder softly.

"Ric.. Hey, I have some questions." I said softly towards him before Ric pushed Kai into the wall again and he grunted as Ric let him go and I stood in front of Kai. "Starting with, how the hell are you here?" I asked emotionless now.

"Why don't you tell me?" Kai replied and I narrowed my eyes at him. "You guys rang some giant bell and suddenly I could see Mystic Falls, so I went for it." Kai said walking around and turning towards me again. "And here I am.. sort of." Kai added as I folded my arms over my chest. "Please don't tell Cade." Kai said frantically and Damon walked and stood beside me curiously looking at Kai.

"You were in hell?" Damon asked eyeing him carefully.

"Yeah, she killed me. I think I'm on the waitlist for heaven but they're not returning my calls." Kai replied and I scoffed at him.

"You said you had a better idea than killing Cade with this dagger." I stated looking at the knife that was still in Ric's grasp.

"Find a way to help me get out of hell, all the way, and then I'll help you kill Cade." Kai stated and I rose my eyebrow.

"I think we can manage without you." Ric replied before he plunged the dagger through the air towards Kai quickly.

"What if I brought back Elena!" Kai asked loudly shielding his face and I vamped towards Ric and grabbed his arm as it was a few inches away from Kai.

"Let's hear him out, Alaric." I stated looking at Ric who eyed me before looking back at Kai and angrily backing away and exiting out of the vault. I sighed as Damon and I followed him.

"The kids a sociopath. You're gonna get us all killed." Ric stated angrily and I sighed at him as Damon stepped in front of me.

"Not necessarily." Damon defended me and Ric scoffed turning towards us and handing the dagger angrily towards Damon.

"Then have it, Damon. And while you're trying to outsmart the devil, I'm gonna barricade myself here with my three girls, who in case you forgot, Kai tried to murder two of them while they were still in utero!" Ric stated angrily looking at me. Damon opened his mouth before I cut him off and stood in front of Ric angrily.