Where do we go?

-Today, 2019-

I sighed walking out of my room and down into the parlor. I poured myself some bourbon before a hand wrapped around my mouth and I widened my eyes before I was turned around and slowly sighed smiling in relief. "I didn't know you were coming back today." I said before kissing and wrapping my arms around his neck. "What are you doing here? I thought you were still traveling with Val?" I asked pulling away from Stefan who shook his head.

"We took a detour.. I missed you." Stefan said and I smiled at him before he groaned in pain and I furrowed my eyebrows as he pulled his collar of his shirt down over the scar that was now opened and bleeding on his chest and I widened my eyes and Stefan clutches his jaw. "Looks like the reunion is cut short.. Reyna Cruz is out of Armor." Stefan stated and I slowly shook my head.

"This-this isn't fair." I whispered and Stefan grabbed my chin making me look up at him.

"You'll be okay.. But I think it's time to wake him." Stefan stated and I narrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Waking up Damon won't solve anything, Stefan." I stated pushing him away from me. "He abandoned us, what makes you think he won't do it again?" I asked in annoyance and I turned away from him.

"He's my brother and your first real love, Mari." Stefan stated and I closed my eyes slowly sighing. "I have to try." Stefan stated before he vamped away and I heard the door close behind him before I slowly shook my head grabbing the glass I had laid out before I threw it angrily at the fireplace.

-Three years ago-

"I wish I could go with you guys." I said slowly sighing at Stefan and Valerie who nodded at me.

"I'm not going to put you in danger." Stefan stated shaking his head at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Stefan, I am dangerous enough.. But I know I have to stay here.. For Bonnie and Matt. I need to be around friends." I stated and Stefan slowly nodded at me.

"Well, if you ever do change your mind, just call me.. I will send you a pin on the map of where we are." Val stated nodding at her phone and I laughed shaking my head at her.

I will.. I promise. I-I just have to get used to the fact that I won't have either you or Damon around." I said shrugging and Stefan slowly nodded hugging me.

"You will always have me, Mariana." Stefan stated and I slowly nodded before he pulled away. "Well? Europe is awhile away.. We should go." Stefan stated and Valerie nodded getting in the car before Stef turned back to me. "Call me if you need, anything.. At all." Stefan stated and I slowly nodded kissing his cheek.

"I might have to visit Ric and Care soon.. I'll send you a video of the girls." I said and Stefan nodded smiling at me before getting into the car and I slowly sighed holding myself as the car drove away from the house.

-Today-

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen before I opened the fridge and grabbed the strawberries out of the carton. I turned towards the counter and gasped as I saw Damon sitting on the table across from me as he just stared at me. "Sorry if I scared you." Damon stated and I scoffed at him.

"Damon Salvatore.. Being sorry? I can't believe it." I stated pretending to be shocked before rolling my eyes and closing the fridge. "Stefan told me he was going to wake you up. I'm surprised after three years, all it took was him." I stated slowly sighing and cutting the stems from the strawberries.