Keep on Going

Let's just say that Mariana's true side comes out in this chapter. And she has a lot to say. ;)

"Well.. This is new." I stated as I stared down at my desiccated self who was still on the crypt floor while Damon was against the wall staring at my lidless body.

"Bring her back." Damon kept whispering over and over as his blue eyes were exhausted from staring and crying. I slowly got up from crouching over my body before I walked in front of Damon and knelt down and touched his face but I couldn't feel it and he couldn't feel me.

"I'm right here." I whispered sighing but I knew he couldn't hear me. I didn't even know where I was.

"You shouldn't talk to yourself and expect an answer." A male voice stated and narrowed my eyes and turned around to see Cade.

"Oh, speak of the devil. The devil." I stated standing and glaring at him as he smiled eyeing me. "What the hell is this?" I asked shaking my head and Cade sighed.

"Your body is spent. Right now, you're in the space between spaces." Cade replied and I furrowed my eyebrows. "On death's literal doorstep, call it limbo if you must." Cade added and I sighed looking back down at my body.

"Well, that makes sense.. Kai siphoned me like a juice box. No one can even imagine the kind of power he has now." I sighed shaking my head down at myself. Never thought I'd be doing that other than in a mirror. "Why are you here?" I asked turning back to Cade confused.

"I want the ashen dagger. The one thing that can kill me." Cade stated and I scoffed folding my arms over my chest.

"Well, you're out of luck because I don't have it. And last time I checked, I wasn't your errand girl. What happens if I refuse to play your game, huh?" I asked and looked back at Damon who was still staring at my body.

"I drag your soul to hell." Cade replied emotionless and I narrowed my eyes and looked back at him.

"Go ahead. I'd rather burn than serve you and end up just like Damon and Stefan." I stated coldly and Cade smirked at me.

"I believe I have something that will change your mind." Cade replied and I furrowed my eyebrows at him as he walked closer towards me.
~~~~~

I gasped waking up as blood rushed back through my body and I quickly sat up frantically looking around. "Ari?" Damon asked worriedly from beside me as he helped me stand up.

"Hi." I whispered smiling before he held me tightly in his arms.

"I knew he would bring you back. What does he want? What did he bargain?" Damon asked and I slowly pulled away and looked up at him.

"He wants the Ashen Dagger. For Elena." I stated emotionless and Damon narrowed his eyes down at me before he softly pulled me towards him again and refused to let me go.. But I didn't want to let him go either. I've done that enough.

-Time Skip-

Damon and I walked into Stefan's room to see him packing his bags and I rose my eyebrow and looked at Damon. "Careful, brother. I can hear you popping a hernia from here." Damon stated but Stefan didn't say anything.

"Need a hand?" I asked putting my hands in my jacket pockets and Stefan zipped up his bag of clothes.

"Nope. I'll manage." Stefan replied nodding and I sighed at him and slowly walked forward.

"I didn't know you were planning a trip." I said as I looked over the shelf of where all of his journals from over the centuries used to be.

"Look, you're not going to talk me out of leaving town so you might as well just save your breath." Stefan replied emotionless and I laughed a little as we turned towards each other.