Into the woods

Just realized I didn't update this week so MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! <3 :P

-Today-

I sat down looking at Stefan as he laid in front of me before Valerie walked towards me from behind. "They didn't know.." Valerie stated and I didn't look at her.

"They didn't know what?" I asked emotionless.

"Nora and Mary-Louise didn't know that Reyna had stabbed Stefan.. That his spirit was already trapped in the Phoenix stone. They probably thought they were doing the world a favor." Valerie replied and I slowly turned towards her showing my red and almost swollen eyes.

"Well, that's awfully generous." I stated eyeing her. "Of you, not of them because I know that they never gave a damn about anyone but themselves." I stated angrily before Damon came from behind her.

"If you're done grieving Thelma and Mary-Louise-then I think we should get out of here." Damon stated and I slowly stood up.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." Valerie stated looking at Stefan. "You could have prevented this. All you had to do was take Stefan's scar and put your brother first for once in your life-" Valerie started but Damon cut her off.

"Hey, I'm trying to make this right.. Which is why we have to find Reyna and get Stefan's soul back into his body." Damon stated and Val scoffed at him.

"The stone is destroyed, Damon. Stefan with it." Valerie stated and I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"We don't know that." I stated shaking my head at her.

"Yes, we do. If we have sense of logic, reason and a brain!" Valerie stated angrily and I scoffed at her.

"Damon sees it differently okay? If Stefan's dead then Damon's responsible which means he's going to spend the rest of eternity haunted and doing penance and see his own self-loathing reflect in everyone else's actual loathing." I stated and Damon just stared at me and Valerie scoffed shaking her head. "And neither of us are ready for either of those things.. Ergo-he's not dead." I stated narrowing my eyes at Valerie. "Try it our way.. Less depressing." I stated angrily at her.

"I see I've been charitable in assuming either of you have a brain." Valerie stated eyeing Damon and I.

"You can keep being a debby downer or you can put that sword to use and use it to find Reyna." Damon replied and Valerie narrowed her eyes at Damon before walking away a bit. "Where are you going?" Damon asked eyeing her.

"I'm going to do what you asked me to do. Without you." Valerie stated angrily looking at us and I glared at her. "Invisique." Valerie added before she was gone and I scoffed shaking my head.

"Really?!" Damon asked angrily and I slowly sighed before I turned back towards Stefan only to see him gone and I furrowed my eyebrows.
~~~~~

"This is Valerie. Now speak." Valerie's voicemail stated and Damon clenched his jaw.

"Valerie, I don't know why you took Stefan's body, but if anything happens to-" Damon started as we drove but I put a hand on his shoulder as I saw someone walking towards the car and I shook my head. "My brother.." Damon said leading off as I watched the car stop as Stefan stood on the side of the road and I eyed him closely before Stefan got in the backseat.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked shaking my head at Stefan.

"I-I'm not sure.." Stefan replied confused and I eyed him.

"Remember anything?" Damon asked and Stefan slowly shook his head.

"No-nothing." Stefan replied eyeing us as Damon started driving again. "I'm sorry.. Do I know you?" Stefan asked and I furrowed my eyebrows turning to Damon before Damon reached into the back seats and grabbed something handing it to Stefan.